GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Based on Oscars earlier dispute, send this version now....

I recently contacted you to complain about incorrect data being reported on my credit file, to which I was fobbed off to the Original Creditor (MBNA).

I'd like to draw your attention to the Data Protection Act 1998 which clearly states that you, as a Credit Reference Agency, and as Data Processor are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the information as provided to you by the Data Controller. I have explained that there is duplicate information which is one of the easiest actions for you to correct, yet you fobbed me off to MBNA. Well MBNA have refused to remove the inaccurate data and therefore I am formally demanding immediate removal of the inaccurate duplicate account data, namely the entry by MBNA, which you are obliged to do as you are the Data Processor in this instance.

There are two defaults showing; the incorrect entry showing in favour of MBNA and the second correct entry, showing in favour of Arrow Global. Both these "defaults" relate to the same account, which was bought by Arrow Global, by way of total assignment thus rendering Arrow Global as the correct default holder.

Please ensure this inaccurate data is amended within the next 7 days prior to a more formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

^^^^ Look up
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Based on Oscars earlier dispute, send this version now....

I recently contacted you to complain about incorrect data being reported on my credit file, to which I was fobbed off to the Original Creditor (MBNA).

I'd like to draw your attention to the Data Protection Act 1998 which clearly states that you, as a Credit Reference Agency, and as Data Processor are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the information as provided to you by the Data Controller. I have explained that there is duplicate information which is one of the easiest actions for you to correct, yet you fobbed me off to MBNA. Well MBNA have refused to remove the inaccurate data and therefore I am formally demanding immediate removal of the inaccurate duplicate account data, namely the entry by MBNA, which you are obliged to do as you are the Data Processor in this instance.

There are two defaults showing; the incorrect entry showing in favour of MBNA and the second correct entry, showing in favour of Arrow Global. Both these "defaults" relate to the same account, which was bought by Arrow Global, by way of total assignment thus rendering Arrow Global as the correct default holder.

Please ensure this inaccurate data is amended within the next 7 days prior to a more formal complaint being raised with the Information Commissioner.

Thanks Niddy, that will do nicely.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Well I can now see on my credit reports that the MBNA 'closed' account has disappeared from all of them, so thanks to everyone for their help and advice. The only account left that is doing my credit rating any damage is the Arrow Global (formerly MBNA) account. On 1st January 2014, this will definitely be stat barred. I actually made my last payment on this account at the end of November 2007. This was made to CCCS who, apparently, will not have paid the creditor (MBNA at the time) until the 1st of January. Almost there - happy days!

I will be pushing very hard indeed to get this account removed from all the CRAs after January 1st. What can I expect after that date? I know that the debt will be sold to some scumbag DCA, but just wonder who the likely candidates are and what sort of tactics I will face - I am aware for instance that they will claim a "phantom" payment being made during the 6-year period, but I wonder what else.

Regards to all.

Fred

Comment

If you hear from anyone just send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...ngland-6-years and if they still carry on writing to you send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...statute-barred

If they claim a phantom payment's been made just let us know.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
                  I will be pushing very hard indeed to get this account removed from all the CRAs after January 1st. What can I expect after that date? I know that the debt will be sold to some scumbag DCA, but just wonder who the likely candidates are and what sort of tactics I will face - I am aware for instance that they will claim a "phantom" payment being made during the 6-year period, but I wonder what else.

Regards to all.

Fred
                  Thanks for your very kind donation

If and when anyone writes, let us know - we'll then guide you. You'll be fine until January anyway, and the last default shouldn't affect you if it is +3yrs old....

Comment

Well this has been stat. barred since at least the beginning of the year, but now Arrow Global have passed the management of the account to Rossendales. The only concern I have about this is that this account is the only blot on my credit report. After the end of August it should disappear. I want to make sure it does.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Received a letter from Rossendales today, they've called me twice and texted but I've ignored them. Can anyone point me in the direction of the Stat. Barred template as I can't find it. I can't login to the templates section either - is this a separate login?

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Go to the site (Templates Access ) & you have to log in again!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a letter from Rossendales today, they've called me twice and texted but I've ignored them. Can anyone point me in the direction of the Stat. Barred template as I can't find it. I can't login to the templates section either - is this a separate login?

Cheers.

Fred
                          Have a read here ------> Accessing Our New Templates

Comment

Deepie, does this take long? I've filled out the registration but so far I've had no email to confirm the registration.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Deepie, does this take long? I've filled out the registration but so far I've had no email to confirm the registration.

Cheers.

Fred
                              I'll give Niddy a nudge ...

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                                I'll give Niddy a nudge ...
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X