GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Thank you
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      Hasn't this been going on since 2007? I've seen your thread OTR!
      Surely if MBNA thought they had a good chance of it being enforceable they'd have taken to court ages ago!

Don't expect MBNA to admit that it's UE, they have never admitted that my account is UE, they've admitted they can't find anything resembling a CCA for my old A&L card but they've never said "we know we can't enforce..."
      Yes, it's been going on since then, but what's changed is that Arrow Global now have it. I don't know what to expect from them and just want to be sure of my ground.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
        Yes, it's been going on since then, but what's changed is that Arrow Global now have it. I don't know what to expect from them and just want to be sure of my ground.
        Send the letter I2D suggested in post #2 because although Arrow Global have bought the debt they won't have read the MBNA file or any correspondence between you or any previous DCA. Ditto Moorcroft. They won't know it's in dispute until you actually tell them - they're not psychic

Comment

thank you Plan B!!

Comment

Yes, it's been going on since then, but what's changed is that Arrow Global now have it.
            Arrow have mine - they wrote to me, as did MBNA to confirm the assignment. That was 4 months ago and I have heard nothing since!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fred

Did MBNA ever send you a Default Notice?

Alan

Comment

Does that mean that they can send any old crap as terms and claim it to be enforceable?
                Of course they can, but that does not mean they'd win were they sufficiently unwise to take such a case to court.

Members of the Moron Church aver that Joseph Smith was given his stodgy scripture on sheets of burnished copper or of gold, but they cannot prove that because the metal sheets mysteriously disappeared shortly after Smith had transcribed them.

Members of the Papist Church claim that, at the height of the mass, the communion wafers are miraculously changed into the body of Christ, yet a DNA analysis would suggest that Christ's body was made from flour and water.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Her lawyers have advised that the DJ was wrong to accept compliance with s.78 since the recon Ts & Cs were blatantly inaccurate when cross-referenced with other evidence (such as account statement details). This wrong decision would justify an appeal to the High Court; however since the DJ had already ruled in favour of the Defendant on three other legal arguments there was no need to appeal because the claim was dismissed anyway. One can only guess why the DJ got it wrong, but the evidence was staring her in the face.
                  Perhaps that was the mayhem to which Niddy alluded?

Comment

Originally posted by alangee View Post
                    Fred

Did MBNA ever send you a Default Notice?

Alan
                    Hi Alan,

I was looking for that last night - I can't remember. I'll come back to you on that one.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Fred

The reason I ask is that following my Subject Access Request, I asked MBNA for a copy of the DN, or proof that one was sent. I got the following answer:

"MBNA did not issue, or were required to issue a notice of default and/or termination and therefore do not hold a copy of any such notice on our system."

I never received one, nor could I find any reference to it in the documentation they sent me.

Alan
                      Last edited by alangee; 25 March 2012, 17:42.

Comment

Fred

The reason I ask is that following my Subject Access Request, I asked MBNA for a copy of the DN, or proof that one was sent. I got the following answer:

"MBNA did not issue, or were required to issue a notice of default and/or termination and therefore do not hold a copy of any such notice on our system."

I never received one, nor could I find any reference to it in the documentation they sent me.

Alan
                        Thats strange. As far as I am aware, MBNA have always been pretty good at sending such items out ...... whether they are compliant or not is a different issue.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have long believed that the Moron Bank of North America liked to do things their own way, but I had never before seen that they had expressed in writing their utter contempt for the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Had they never read section 87 - link - which states why a default notice is necessary?

Comment

Here's the default they issued:

This gives 15 days between the date of the letter and the date by which I need to remedy it, but that doesn't allow for posting. I didn't keep the envelope it came in.

If 2 days is allowed for posting then my understanding is that this is defective. Is this correct?

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              I have long believed that the Moron Bank of North America liked to do things their own way, but I had never before seen that they had expressed in writing their utter contempt for the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Had they never read section 87 - link - which states why a default notice is necessary?
                              Do you not know that they consider themselves exempt from many UK laws and practices because they are "an American Bank"

Their staff have even been trained to state as such in certain departments!

Comment

Here's the default they issued:

This gives 15 days between the date of the letter and the date by which I need to remedy it, but that doesn't allow for posting. I didn't keep the envelope it came in.

If 2 days is allowed for posting then my understanding is that this is defective. Is this correct?

Regards.

Fred
                                4th September 2008 is a Thursday so it's not deemed served until Monday 8th. So although your sentiment is correct it's actually more in your favour than you think.

M1

Comment

Working...
                                X