GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Bassett v Arrow Global

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Include a note to say that it must only be used for the S78 request and nothibng else. They could obviously ignore it but you'd have proof you didn't make payment later on if needed.

M1
    That is stated in the CCA template letter.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
      That is stated in the CCA template letter.
      I'd have thought so, but neither they nor i have read it

M1

Comment

Whoever you send it to cannot use it as a payment against the account as the template is carefully worded to not acknowledge that the account is yours and says something to the point that this money is to be used for the purpose of the CCA and for no other purpose. If they did use it to pay against the account they would have to remove it immediately.
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
          Whoever you send it to cannot use it as a payment against the account as the template is carefully worded to not acknowledge that the account is yours and says something to the point that this money is to be used for the purpose of the CCA and for no other purpose. If they did use it to pay against the account they would have to remove it immediately.
          and also it cannot affect any limitation or statute period so if they use the £1 CCA fee or £10 SAR fee towards a debt, you can ignore that payment as it would never actually class as bringing the account out of SB.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'll be sending this off soon. I've already had a response, years back from MBNA, I just want to see what this lot have got.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

I've wondered what Arrow Global would do next and now I know:

I never did get around to sending off the CCA request, so now I will do this and send it to Fredericksons. I am wary of this lot and am aware of their dirty tricks solicitor, Carter, so I need to be on my toes.

Any advice gratefully received as always.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

How old is the alleged debt ?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Isnt that a big no-no at the bottom of their letter ... you can make payment by Credit Card ??
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    How old is the alleged debt ?
                    Quite old. I went into a DMP with the CCCS in 2006 which I stuck with until the end of 2007 when I went it alone. The account is an ex MBNA credit card from about 1997 and my original CCA request to MBNA turned up a barely-legible application form with no prescribed terms. Also, they had signed over my part of the signature box which I was told was a strict no no.

Regards

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
                      Quite old. I went into a DMP with the CCCS in 2006 which I stuck with until the end of 2007 when I went it alone. The account is an ex MBNA credit card from about 1997 and my original CCA request to MBNA turned up a barely-legible application form with no prescribed terms. Also, they had signed over my part of the signature box which I was told was a strict no no.

Regards

Fred
                      If it were me I would see what they do next...........

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        If it were me I would see what they do next...........
                        Thanks, that's what I'll do for now. Then I'll send off the CCA request. I know I already have one, but I'd just be interested in seeing what they produce.

Comment

Right, I've ignored them so far and today I got this:

What's the best course of action now?

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

I would send this if it were me-------> Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

Comment

I know. Talking of Credit, I just got called, first on my home number then on my mobile by 1st Credit. I don't know what this is about and they gave me a reference number I don't recognise.

I've got a number of other outstanding accounts that haven't seen any action for years, so it could be about one of those, but this seems a coincidence.

Is it likely that Freds are getting this shower to chase it up for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                                1st Crud also started contacting me out of the blue in March/April about an account I didn't even know I had defaulted on! An old Citi card I thought would have been paid off... I didn't recognise the account either.

They didn't have my phone number but somehow found my address (the OC never wrote to me) when they purchased the account. They also told me I could pay by Credit card! They only purchased the account in March even though according to their records I defaulted in 2010!

They started with the usual fishing letter "if you are Ms FP please confirm you live there" sort of thing, which I ignored. Their letters gradually got more and more specific and they even sent a NoA. I'd just wait till they contact you as they should, i.e. in writing and with full details.
                                Thanks Flowerpower, I've already emailed them and told them "in writing only", but I don't suppose they'll take much notice. This is the first call I've had from any of these scum for well over 2 years, so it's come as a bit of a surprise. I'm very intrigued to know what it's about.

I'm well geared up to cope with 'phone harassment. My mobile has a handy little option to add callers to a 'rejects' list, so it doesn't ring but does tell me they've called and my home number can be switched through to a voicemail number that logs all calls and records any messages for me. They may think they can harass me but they'll soon find out otherwise.

The last DCA who tried it on was Capquest and I had fun with them for months, diverting my voicemail calls to a) themsleves, b) a local cab firm, and c) the National Dogging Hotline.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X