GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Well ....

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
    Oh yes, Happy New Beer !!

Hmmm coincidence much!?

The Noddle.co.uk service seemed quite good alternative though.

Many have had trouble unfortunately.

Noodle is good but as I've said before you will find companies report to one of the CRAs rather than all three, that's why it's best that you get your credit files from all three of the CRAs to see what's held on them.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
      Many have had trouble unfortunately.

Noodle is good but as I've said before you will find companies report to one of the CRAs rather than all three, that's why it's best that you get your credit files from all three of the CRAs to see what's held on them.
      Yup, that's what I was saying:

Use Noddle instead of going direct to CallCredit, as it's the same company. So get your CallCredit report from Noddle, for free.
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Yup, that's what I was saying:

Use Noddle instead of going direct to CallCredit, as it's the same company. So get your CallCredit report from Noddle, for free.
        Yes......Noodle are free for life but they are advertising/emailing about charging a fee for a better service, so it makes you wonder what the difference will eventually be? What they leave off etc doesn't it

Comment

Aaah I see. Am I going to get bombarded with "how about this credit card?" or "how about signing up" type messages?

They'll get short shrift from me!

Comment

Happy New Year FF!!!

Comment

Aaah I see. Am I going to get bombarded with "how about this credit card?" or "how about signing up" type messages?

They'll get short shrift from me!
              I don't really know, I just get the Noddle news letter so they are OK....so far!!

Good

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                I don't really know, I just get the Noddle news letter so they are OK....so far!!

Good
                Ditto!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I've had a response from Equifax ... and it's about as good as I was expecting. It's all scripted junk, and they failed to address the issue!

I sent this:
                  Originally posted by Me
                  The following entry on my account is showing as "Defaulted", but following my discharge from bankruptcy need to be changed to Settled. A copy of my discharge has been attached.
                  Also detailed was the creditor.
                  I'd attached a PDF screen print of my discharge from Insolvency Website.

However the geniuses at Equifax stated:
                  Originally posted by Equifax
                  Dear FiscalFool

Thank you for getting in touch.

Bankruptcy information stays on your Credit Report for six years from the bankruptcy date. We can’t update this information without receiving a copy of your certificate of discharge.

When you’ve been discharged from your bankruptcy, you can send proof of this to all the lenders on your statement of affairs. The lenders whose debts were included in your bankruptcy can then mark your Credit Report to show that you no longer owe them money.

If there’s any other information on your Credit Report that was included in your bankruptcy, it’ll stay on your credit report for six years.

You’ll find more information about bankruptcies at http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: Find Answers. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach your documents to it – no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services
                  So Equifax is stating that they are refusing to update my records without the official certificate. Joy!

I'll just write to the specific lenders. Although, for most of them I cannot remember the account number, to make things fun!

Comment

So Equifax is stating that they are refusing to update my records without the official certificate. Joy!
                    Did you send them a copy of your BR Order (Form 6.30)?

Have you heard back from Experian and Call Credit?

I'll just write to the specific lenders. Although, for most of them I cannot remember the account number, to make things fun!
                    Have you kept your 6.28 statement of affairs? Your account numbers should be on there

Comment

Hi IF,

No, I attached a copy of the link to the Insolvency Service website, with my details, which I understand should suffice for most things.

I've had my credit report back from Experian, showing same errors as Equifax and CallCredit.

Call Credit's customer services team haven't got back to me yet. But I suspect they won't contact lenders to amend data. So I'll send off the standard letters.

Oooh yes, I've still got all my BR files, including Form 6.28. I just shredded all my old bank statements that I no longer needed. Was quite a good feeling getting rid of it all!

I've now identified 3 of the 4 accounts. One is a BarclaysBank account, which I've got the final 4 numbers for, but can't locate on the Form 6.28.

Comment

Hi IF,

No, I attached a copy of the link to the Insolvency Service website, with my details, which I understand should suffice for most things.
                        If you can I would email them a copy of your BO order and see what they say then FF.

Comment

I had to supply them with a discharge certificate as well im afraid.

BR order doesnt state how long the BR is for does it? from what i can remember.

BR can last 1 year or longer if fraud is envolved so personally that doesnt prove discharge in my opinion.

If you get a discharge cert from the court, i know its not cheap but they will add it to your CRA.

That being said, it will also stay on your CRA for 6 years and personally, will hinder credit as they will see you were once BR.

Defaults also last max of 6 years, so they would all drop off before or at the same time as the discharge notice would.

I couldnt get credit for 6 years after i was discharged, so defaults marked settled or not, ment nothing.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Agree ... It might be worth the expense of the discharge certificate.

So hang on ... is it worth:

a) Just contacting lenders and asking them to update their records

Do A and B.

b) Updating the CRA with the discharge certificate

Strangely a few weeks after discharge, I managed to get credit for a mobile. I'm not planning on getting any other form of credit for a long time!

Comment

This is the thing.

If you managed to get the ex creditors to mark defaults as settled, and you dont send the dischage to the CRA, then the BR will come off after 5 years from discharge, instead of 6 for the discharge cert coming off.

Its worth a try!

Comment

Aaah right ok. I see the logic.

In which case I'll do the following:
                                1. See what happens with the queries I've logged with Call Credit. They might help!
                                2. Contact ex-creditors directly and see if they take action, and prepare to chase!
                                3. Check my free Noddle report over the next couple of months to see which ones change.
                                4. After a couple of months. Get a month of Credit-Expert, and get their Cust Services team to change incorrect entries. Although might not action it same as Equifax! (as they might want a discharge cert)
                                5. After a couple of months. Also re-request the Equifax and Experian £2 credit reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X