GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well ....

You would be able to renew your contract with current provider with no issues, im not sure about a new provider, maybe someone else will have more knowledge.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi FF, not really sure with Three but I know many who have applied for a SIM only deal first with other mobile companies and then a few months down the line you will probably be offered an upgrade to a full phone contract. Worth a chat with Three
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Three & Tmobile are one of the rare ones who will offer a contract...however they might as for a "security" deposit not always in all cases though so in theory you should be ok fingers crossed

Comment

Do TMobile still do so now they are wrapped up with Orange as EE?

Comment

no consistency really....Orange did start to ask for a "security" deposit returned after a few months...have known now though a few that have been accepted on both networks without problems

others tend to start you on a sim only contract then after 4-5 mnths will approach you for a full upgrade to a proper contract

Comment

Thanks all. I was torn between two handsets, one would be a better deal if purchased outright and going on a SIM only deal. The other would be best on a contract.

Important for me at the moment is to not get tied into another term with T-Mobile. Their customer service is fantastic, but Orange is woeful.

Rather than apply for a full contract with handset, I'll just go straight for the SIM Only contract. Saves getting declined and there being two credit searches. Especially before I've started my credit file cleanup activities

Oh and Phil ... I love the avatar
              "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

as I said though with sim only you'll probably find later down the line they'll approach you rather than the other way round for an "upgrade"

(glad you like!!)

Comment

Have you considered Giffgaff? I got my first ever cell phone last month, and joined Giffgaff. I've managed to access the Internet everywhere I've gone with it, including on trains out in the middle of nowhere. You just pay for what you need with no limits on how long the money lasts, or if you are a heavy user you can buy packages which last a month.

If it keeps going, it means I'll never have to sign any contracts or be at the mercy of the cell phone providers who seem to delight in inventing fictitious bills and giving people malicious defaults.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    Have you considered Giffgaff? I got my first ever cell phone last month, and joined Giffgaff. I've managed to access the Internet everywhere I've gone with it, including on trains out in the middle of nowhere. You just pay for what you need with no limits on how long the money lasts, or if you are a heavy user you can buy packages which last a month.

If it keeps going, it means I'll never have to sign any contracts or be at the mercy of the cell phone providers who seem to delight in inventing fictitious bills and giving people malicious defaults.

SH

Hmm they were pretty good a while back but the service now of recent seems a little hit & miss...I had numerous probs trying to register a sim attatch a goodybag you name it

in the end left and grabbed a cheap virgin customer mobile deal for £10 a month

Comment

• Re: Well ....

GiffGaff are a great proposition ... but their network is based on O2, which doesn't have the best coverage. Plus it's not really great for data ... hence the move to Three.

EE's 4G network looks good on paper, but coverage isn't there yet. By the time it is, Three should have sorted out their 4G offering. Plus Three have the best backhaul (connection from the cell towers to the internet).

Comment

Hello All, I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

Well ... another wee update for you.

Mobile Phone
                        My contract was shortly due to end, and having only recently been discharged, I was keen to jump ship to a different network. I was fully aware that without having cleaned up my credit file, I was likely to fail a credit check.

Still, I was keen to see whether I would be accepted. I applied to Three for a top-spec handset, on their £36 a month tariff ... and ... was accepted!!! hurrah.

So thankfully this will start to show on my credit record as a live credit account, being paid in full each month.

Credit Cleanup
                        IF provides some fantastic information regarding Credit Cleanup here: Credit Reference file clean up Post Bankruptcy - allaboutFORUMS

However there are a few amendments: CallCredit now actually allow you to apply online to view your results online. OR you can send off the paperwork. For some reason when I tried online, it didn't seem to like my details.

So I went off to try Experian and Equifax.

Experian took my details online, and will email me a passkey within 5 days to view my results online. Unfortunately I'd previously had the 30 day trial of CreditExpert, otherwise that would have been a useful sneaky route!

Equifax - I applied online, and just took me through to the results online. Marvellous service. I noticed that most of my accounts had been updated ... but some had not. Strangely Barclays for instance had marked some as "Settled", yet others still showed "Default". The same for Santander. There was also another provider whom I could not locate.

A quick google for Tti SPC led to get their contact information. I also found out that CallCredit offer a service called Noddle ... which offers FREE FOR LIFE access to your CallCredit report. They also allow you to submit queries online, which they will chase up and respond within 28 days.

I found the same incorrect entries on my CallCredit report as my Equifax report, and have thus filed queries with Noddle's customer service. I'll give it the 28 days before taking the route of contacting the respective Lenders. Equifax have a button to allow you to Raise a Query ... but strangely would not let me log a report.

I'm hoping that these lenders are contacted by CallCredit, see that they need to update it, and then update all the CRA's at the same time! It's a big hope!
                        Last edited by fiscalfool; 7 January 2013, 12:44.

Comment

I must admit I have found Noodle friendly and helpful and you can raise a question online which surprisingly they DO come back to you with.

However thats as useful as they are because the normal (for me) response is we raised it with the reporting company who say thats correct so nothing we can do. Suggest you speak to them.

The thing that sorta pees you off about this is it will take them a month to get you this response so you are a month behind where you could have been if they had just said thats whats being reported so speak to the reporting company.

But like everyone says you have to look and them all to see the whole piccy and make sure no little gremlins are lurking about unseen.

Comment

Oh joy ... well I've now signed up for free 30 day Equifax, and done the same with them. Hopefully between the pair of them, things can get updated.

I'm in no rush for credit, so just a case of making it all up-to-date.

If I get chance, I might send off some official letters. But for 30 days, I'll save the postage and recorded delivery fees

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
                              Hello All, I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

Well ... another wee update for you.
                              Glad all is well and Happy New Year FF

However there are a few amendments: CallCredit now actually allow you to apply online to view your results online. OR you can send off the paperwork. For some reason when I tried online, it didn't seem to like my details.
                              That's the problem.....it won't let anyone for some reason
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                                Glad all is well and Happy New Year FF
                                Oh yes, Happy New Beer !!

Originally posted by IF View Post
                                That's the problem.....it won't let anyone for some reason
                                Hmmm coincidence much!?

The Noddle.co.uk service seemed quite good alternative though.

Comment

Working...
                                X