GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well ....

Update: Right, I've heard back from my OR, and they have adjusted my payment, based upon my fuel usage chart which I sent through to them. They were fair and have set it at a very reasonable figure. This has pushed my payments to them up by £50 a month, which is still very affordable amount, and won't be constrictive.

I'm going to ask them to send me a copy of my SoA, as I'd like to see what they pushed some of the figures up to. Not sure they will send that through to me, but I can ask!

Also, they have asked for the payments to start in January, so that will at least mean I've got a little extra money to afford Xmas this year.
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
      I'm going to ask them to send me a copy of my SoA, as I'd like to see what they pushed some of the figures up to. Not sure they will send that through to me, but I can ask!

Also, they have asked for the payments to start in January, so that will at least mean I've got a little extra money to afford Xmas this year.

quite right to do your allowed.....glad to hear it all went well though specially seeing as they've relaxed things a little for you

Comment

Phil, PM incoming ... could do with some advice! :S

will post here when I know more info.

Comment

replied

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
            Update: Right, I've heard back from my OR, and they have adjusted my payment, based upon my fuel usage chart which I sent through to them. They were fair and have set it at a very reasonable figure. This has pushed my payments to them up by £50 a month, which is still very affordable amount, and won't be constrictive.

glad to hear the figures are reasonable! they should send you a copy of the revised SOA, you are entitled to see it! all the best and thanks for updating us xx

Comment

They hadn't sent through the revised SOA, so I called and asked for it. She's gone and spoken to the examiner who said it was fine to send.

I'd asked for it to be emailed, I guess she will post it. But either way, it does what's required ... and that's help me to budget.

Comment

Hey all, hope everyone is well.

Well thought I'd give you an update on the situation following my BR:
                1. Following receipt of usual letters from DCA's, I decided to call them and advise that I was BR. The calls were quite amusing. I'd call the DCA, and they'd be asking for information. I'd decline to give current telephone numbers etc. They'd advise me that I owed them money, blah blah. I'd let them talk for ages about how I needed to make payments etc. Then when they'd got to the end of their scripted response where they say "so ... can we have a card number to take a payment now", I'd reply with "No!". I'd then explain that I was BR. They would take the reference number, date and court, and that would be it! I got a little satisfaction from letting them go on and on and on!
                2. The tax office have contacted me to advise I been NIL tax coded until April. This is standard practice when you go BR, any tax you earn until the end of the tax year is nil coded, and you pay your equivalent tax to the OR.
                3. I have been contacted by the company whom take the payments for the OR. To setup my payments, plus the tax payments until April.
                4. I tried to file my tax return online and found that I was unable to enter the application after logging into the site. After several calls between the Tax Office Online helpdesk and my local Tax Office, I learnt that they stop you filing online when you go BR. I explained that since it was their fault I couldn't file online, and didn't expect to be charged the penalty ... they explained "You're BR, any fines are charged to your OR!". Fairy nuff!
                5. One of my creditors, whom had passed the debt onto a DCA, whom were quite persistent decided to take it to court. I received the paperwork last week. I logged in and didn't acknowledge the debt, and instead responded to the defence questionnaire with the details of my BR, and apologising to the court for the ineptitude of the DCA whom hadn't checked the London Gazette!!!
                6. The OR are doing their job and sending letters to people whom I say I have paid money to, asking for confirmation.

My only grumble with the OR, is that I explained that my salary would be going down, which they used for their calculations and was great. However for my tax, which they expected to be paid, was calculated at the larger rate, prior to my salary going down. To that extend I *may* be a little out of pocket, but it's probably not worth asking them to re-assess me just yet.

Other than that, things are tickety boo.

Comment

I'm glad things are going well FF and remember to contact the OR to change your SOA if you do become too much out of pocket.

Best wishes
                  If...x
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've said it once, but I'll say it again, I give you my full respect for being so open about such a personal issue. By doing so you have no idea how many others you are helping in the process.

Thank you!

Comment

I agree with IF FF the idea is the OR's supposed to work with you and under no circumstances should you left out of pocket....if you want to question something then ask them...your perfectly within rights to question (besides they are the ones who state ANY changes in finance you must let them know!)

so glad life is good for you now

Comment

I wonder how many of us have forgotten what it is like to feel 'normal' because of our debts?

I honestly cannot imagine the huge release of pure emotion that must come from knowing the living nightmare is all over.

Comment

,,,it takes time B its not an instant thing different people handle it different ways....it hit me hard 4+ yrs ago but now? life is good!

Comment

Glad to hear it guys, I still have a wee way to go but am getting there and yes life is good I should know.

Regards

Comment

It's funny - I imagine this sort of metaphorical opening of the floodgates and worries that have haunted you for years pouring out through them. Maybe one day I'll find out. 16 months until 6 years!

Comment

Update:

Hi All,
                                It's now been about 9 months since I filed for BR. Generally all has been well.

Money is still very tight, and I'd have been totally lost without my partner paying for things in times of emergency.

My advice, spend as little as you have to, and try to build a reserve in case of emergencies. I flit from month to month and if there were a big issue, I'd be stuffed!

My partner is keen to move in, but still looking a the figures to see if it's worthwhile.

Question:
                                I've recently had a letter stating that my file has been transferred to a "Regional Trustee and Liquidator Unit" (RTLU) ... who will deal with any assets remaining and payments to creditors.

Does this mean that any enquiries are now passed to RTLU and not the OR? Does anything get referred back to the OR? I assume payments still go to Moonbeever.

Comment

Working...
                                X