GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well ....

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
    That's what his wife says

/FF runs and hides!

Hmm sadly dont have one anymore

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
      Hmm sadly dont have one anymore
      Oh Phil ... that is awful ....

.... it means the joke was wasted!
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Indeed ... just before Xmas is great.

Although in reality, I'm still bound by my IPA for two more years, so nothing really changes in that respect.

The biggest change is that I can start to rebuild my credit file, look forward to a time where I can start to save some money, and maybe one day get back onto the housing ladder.

Comment

Oh, hang on ... reading on Quick guide to bankruptcy - Discharge - allaboutFORUMS ... it seems that I don't get a Discharge Certificate for automatic discharge. Is it worth asking for one, and paying for one if necessary??
          You will have to apply to the court to get one sent to you, does cost though!
          Is best to have it though, just incase someone believes your still BR
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            You will have to apply to the court to get one sent to you, does cost though!
            Is best to have it though, just incase someone believes your still BR

Not really its not.....it costs £65 as I said BUT creditors are happy with print offs from the insolvency service database page showing discharge I really can count in nearly 6yrs the number of people who bought one on one hand

creditors really wont give a toss you dont have the "official" discharge notice didnt with me...and as I said many many many many more
            Last edited by philnicandamy; 13 November 2012, 13:34.

Comment

Ok, some other random questions then:
              1. Currently banking with Co-Op, who have been fantastic. The poor internet banking and not all petrol stations pay-at-pump accepting the card is annoying, but not a deal breaker. Should I look to change accounts, or upgrade?
              2. Once tidying up my credit file. How is best to repair my credit rating ... not that I want any credit for anything in the forseeable future. I'm sure there was a post on here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                Not really its not.....it costs £65 as I said BUT creditors are happy with print offs from the insolvency service database page showing discharge I really can count in nearly 6yrs the number of people who bought one on one hand

creditors really wont give a toss you dont have the "official" discharge notice didnt with me...and as I said many many many many more
                Plus as far as I'm aware there is no time limit on obtaining a certificate. In other words, in a few years time if for some odd reason you really did need one then you could get it. Before then, it's £70 for a pointless piece of paper.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Others will tell you whats best to improve your credit rating, but for me, what i did, was take out finance for a car.

Thats all i did, and had no trouble getting a mortgage some time later.

my rating on the CRA was above the 900 mark (i think)

Comment

Cheers, I'm a bit stuck for getting a car at present ... as I get one through work. That was all planned prior to BR, and has actually worked out far less hassle than owning one.

Comment

Aaah I've got a PayPal card, which links to my PayPal account balance, which I can always top-up via my bank account. I've also got an OrangeCash card too, which is good because it allowed two cards ... one for me and one for my partner. I could say to her "Oh can you get me some XYZ" and she'd use that to pay.

I've never considered trying to use it at the "Pay at Pump" machines, although to be fair it's currently only Morrisons which seems to have an issue with my Co-Op card.

-

That's the one "How to get back onto the Credit Ladder" . Thank you.

Comment

30 day mobile sim...home shopping....vanquis/crapital one cards

all will help improve credit files eventually although while bankrupcy still on files for 6yrs its more damage limitation

Comment

Is there any point applying for any of these before "Operation Credit Clear-up" ??

Comment

Is there any point applying for any of these before "Operation Credit Clear-up" ??
                            I wouldn't until you check your files are correct first FF
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ok, will do. There is no rush with this. I've learnt my lesson and won't be getting into trouble with Credit again.

If I haven't got the cash for it, then I won't buy it. Then if I do have to buy it, I try and get money knocked off !!

Comment

Hello All,

I hope everyone is well.

Well Discharge from BR was most uneventful, I didn't get a fanfare or a marching band! Plus, I'm still waiting to hear back from the OR with regards to my query. It's well over a month now! Aaargh!

Anyway, today's question is:
                                My mobile contract is about to come to an end with T-Mobile. I'm certain that I'd be able to get the upgrade I want with them. However, my issues is that I'd rather change networks to Three.

Am I going to be refused a contract with Three, purely because I've only been discharged for just over a month??

If so, am I better going with a monthly rolling contract sim (as I'm sure the credit acceptance for that is going to be much lower), then after 3 months see if I can upgrade with them, once they have some record of my payment history???

Any advice would be lovely taaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X