GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Well ....

Ok - how long have you had the main account for with TSB?

Likely reason, an old BR trigger resulted in CPD being applied prior to Sabadell takeover. They still use the same system as HBOS do so certain "features" co-exist.

This warning suggests there is a CPD marker against your account - but unsure why unless coop have reported it and they've picked it up.

Is your credit file clear? Any accounts showing? Any historic markers?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Santander is my main bank for now but moving to Tesco as that suits me better. I utilise the 1,2,3 % payments on my DD's so get around £25 a month. I'll just pay those but use Tesco for everyday use.

There is a £5 monthly fee. Natwest do similar too.

I think you're best closing coop and using TSB. Wait a few months and they'll give a second account. If not open an account elsewhere - if they've put a CPD it can come off after their monthly CRA feed share (around 21st of month). So for that message you got it suggests there's other info they've seen. Maybe not linked to your CRA.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Ok - how long have you had the main account for with TSB?

Likely reason, an old BR trigger resulted in CPD being applied prior to Sabadell takeover. They still use the same system as HBOS do so certain "features" co-exist.

This warning suggests there is a CPD marker against your account - but unsure why unless coop have reported it and they've picked it up.

Is your credit file clear? Any accounts showing? Any historic markers?

TSB since Feb 2015

BR Nov 2011, Discharged Nov 2012.

What's a CPD record?

Credit files all looking clear, no erroneous entries/links/accounts, still have the legacy accounts from BR which are showing as settled/satisfied ... but 0's every month now.
        "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Santander is my main bank for now but moving to Tesco as that suits me better. I utilise the 1,2,3 % payments on my DD's so get around £25 a month. I'll just pay those but use Tesco for everyday use.

There is a £5 monthly fee. Natwest do similar too.

I think you're best closing coop and using TSB. Wait a few months and they'll give a second account. If not open an account elsewhere - if they've put a CPD it can come off after their monthly CRA feed share (around 21st of month). So for that message you got it suggests there's other info they've seen. Maybe not linked to your CRA.
          Ok great, I'll close the Co-OP accounts, as they probably wont be helping then. I'll move everything to TSB.

One question then ... can I utilise the bank account transfer service to move all direct debits etc, months after opening a new account???

Comment

Just checked TSB website, and I can initiate the "Switching service" so that will take care of all direct debits etc.

Will do that when I get home!

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
              still have the legacy accounts from BR which are showing as settled/satisfied ... but 0's every month now.
              Thats it - TSB know you're ex BR. Sadly.

Close coop. Wait 3-6 months - then test TSB again. If still no (online) then ring and ask if you can have an additional account. The adviser would clarify yes or no before a search doing that (ie they'll clarify if there is CREDIT POLICY DECLINE - CPD).

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
                Just checked TSB website, and I can initiate the "Switching service" so that will take care of all direct debits etc.

Will do that when I get home!
                hold on - why not ring and ask for second account to switch? See what they say..... If you switch it usually helps

So ring - pass security - say "I wanted a secondary account but online says the option isn't available - can you clarify do I have a credit policy decline or something registered because it's strange being you're my main bank and have been for over a year. I'd like to close my main accounts with coop and transfer to you, so can I have a secondary account or is there a credit decline registered"?

That will answer your query regards this issue.

Comment

I get computer says no to a 2nd account at TSB too - I think contactless isn't standard if they know about bankruptcy. Does your salary go DIRECTLY there? As mine doesn't, I'm still classed as new to bank as there have been no salary credits ever.

Although - I was told that "a few months of crediting my salary to them (directly!) and I shouldn't have a problem getting contactless", which would suggest no CPD for me.

First month salary going in this week....we'll see what they say in a few months time!!

I also got £15 for moaning they wouldn't give me contactless (!)...... the advisor didn't even tell me he was going to put £15 in, and it wasn't even a proper complaint, I just agreed with the man it was a bit stupid seeing as I've got a cheque book but no card!

Are you able to upgrade your existing account? Mine used to give me a 'once your account has been open 4 months, we'll upgrade', now it just says computer says no, phone us (which correlates with the 'new to bank' status)

Comment

My salary doesn't go in. In fact I've paid £100 in to date. I have 11 defaults - 8 within 3 years and have 3 credit cards and around 20 bank accounts.

You've likely got a CPD equivalent; due to them being aware of the BR of your past. As I said above, use the account (as primary) for 3-4 months and you'll get loads of offers / upgrade options as CPD will go after a few months of full accountability.

Comment

It has been used as my full account (minus salary) for 2 years lol. As it's given me the 5% the salary has been transferred there on payday. Monthly saver too. Only thing the guy flagged as an issue was that I'm 'new to bank' due to no salary.

Unless 'new to bank' is his speak for CPD?

What do you have with them if your salary doesn't go in??

I'm still amazed that they've given me a cheque book but no contactless - surely a cheque book is more risk, or are they able to bounce cheques back nowadays?

I know you can't 'guarantee' a cheque as such anymore, but surely the MoneyShop & other cheque cashing services do, otherwise they're just loaning you money like a standard PDL?

Comment

A cheque is worthless un-guaranteed which as you say can't occur anymore.

Contactless IS a form of credit as it doesn't always pre-authorise so that's more relevant than a chq book

Me, I deposited £100 and that was last September. As you see, I can have a second account no probs

Comment

And I can't play the applepay trick as work phones are only 5c

Was going to look for a 2nd hand 6 if it was ongoing, but it ends in Dec so won't get money back in time!

Comment

Hmmm, very strange. Maybe as your credit position on account opening wasn't as terrible as mine they don't need 'full activity' from you to allow it?

I'd hope my CPD goes in a few months of proper usage like you say. They certainly never suggested I was banned from anything either - if anything were quite optimistic about my chances.

If not, maybe I can keep racking up £15s for moaning about my lack of contactless haha!

Comment

Try Halifax or Lloyds - I'm sure lloyds has a checker before a full application.... Most banks issue contactless UNLESS you're BR usually as it technically allows you to go OD (if below shop floor limit). I think they've got a record of the old BR so it might be worth "testing" a neutral bank. Just to see if it's YOU or what the bank holds about you. As in if lloyds / Halifax etc say no then it's likely your credit data / n hunter or similar.

I had / still have loads of defaults. For some reason I get bank accounts. I just opened two Tesco in August - 3 weeks apart. Both full accounts with contactless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1411360

Comment

hold on - why not ring and ask for second account to switch? See what they say..... If you switch it usually helps

So ring - pass security - say "I wanted a secondary account but online says the option isn't available - can you clarify do I have a credit policy decline or something registered because it's strange being you're my main bank and have been for over a year. I'd like to close my main accounts with coop and transfer to you, so can I have a secondary account or is there a credit decline registered"?

That will answer your query regards this issue.
                                Cheers I'll give them a call. Will certainly help if they can do that.

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
                                I get computer says no to a 2nd account at TSB too - I think contactless isn't standard if they know about bankruptcy. Does your salary go DIRECTLY there? As mine doesn't, I'm still classed as new to bank as there have been no salary credits ever.

Although - I was told that "a few months of crediting my salary to them (directly!) and I shouldn't have a problem getting contactless", which would suggest no CPD for me.

First month salary going in this week....we'll see what they say in a few months time!!

I also got £15 for moaning they wouldn't give me contactless (!)...... the advisor didn't even tell me he was going to put £15 in, and it wasn't even a proper complaint, I just agreed with the man it was a bit stupid seeing as I've got a cheque book but no card!

Are you able to upgrade your existing account? Mine used to give me a 'once your account has been open 4 months, we'll upgrade', now it just says computer says no, phone us (which correlates with the 'new to bank' status)
                                Computer says no for 2nd Account. And Computer says no for Upgrades too.

With my employer I can split my salary between muliple accounts. So half goes to CoOp for house bills, the other goes to TSB where I now have a few Direct Debits configured.

My salary doesn't go in. In fact I've paid £100 in to date. I have 11 defaults - 8 within 3 years and have 3 credit cards and around 20 bank accounts.

You've likely got a CPD equivalent; due to them being aware of the BR of your past. As I said above, use the account (as primary) for 3-4 months and you'll get loads of offers / upgrade options as CPD will go after a few months of full accountability.

I suspect they may well have something registered, so getting rid of Co-Op could well help the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X