GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well ....

Next!

Comment

WELL!!!

A cursory glance of the Insolvency Register, and it appears that I have been discharged! HURRAH.

I'm still waiting for a couple of queries from the OR (Biting finger nails).

But other than that, once I've got my Certificate of Discharge, I shall start to cleanup my credit record.
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
        WELL!!!

A cursory glance of the Insolvency Register, and it appears that I have been discharged! HURRAH.

But other than that, once I've got my Certificate of Discharge, I shall start to cleanup my credit record.
        Hiya FF, that's brilliant congratulations
        Got my fingers crossed the OR has good news for you. Onwards and Upwards now

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Congratulations (if that is the right phrase).

You could check credit file and start getting any corrections done now. However, there is no urgency to do that right away.

In fact, if you leave it a few months then that does give creditors the chance to update things of their own accord in the unlikely chance they feel inclined to do that. For any that do, that will have saved you the hassle.

Your call. Depends whether you want to go ulta pro-active now, or give it a few months to shake down then tackle what is wrong then?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks IF and Rizzle.

You know, I've just been reading IF's guide to Credit Reference file clean up Post Bankruptcy - allaboutFORUMS ... I think I shall give them until after Christmas, and then start to challenge those that haven't cleaned it up.

Oh also ... IF, the above page ... Call Credit now allow you to order the £2 statutory report online.

Comment

Thanks IF and Rizzle.

You know, I've just been reading IF's guide to Credit Reference file clean up Post Bankruptcy - allaboutFORUMS ... I think I shall give them until after Christmas, and then start to challenge those that haven't cleaned it up.

Oh also ... IF, the above page ... Call Credit now allow you to order the £2 statutory report online.
              Good idea FF after Christmas is good.
              I'll adjust the wording, they still won't let you order a paper copy online though
              Last edited by IF; 13 November 2012, 10:57.

Comment

WELL!!!

time to get on with life now!

Comment

Oh, hang on ... reading on Quick guide to bankruptcy - Discharge - allaboutFORUMS ... it seems that I don't get a Discharge Certificate for automatic discharge. Is it worth asking for one, and paying for one if necessary??

Comment

Oh, hang on ... reading on Quick guide to bankruptcy - Discharge - allaboutFORUMS ... it seems that I don't get a Discharge Certificate for automatic discharge. Is it worth asking for one, and paying for one if necessary??

most creditors will be happy with a print out of the insolvency site listing..you can get the "official" court cert at a cost of around £65 or so (free on certain benefits) although i've only seen a small handful of people who needed to get one

..and nope usually you dont get anything with an AD although nothing stopping you asking the OR for something in writing

Comment

Brilliant ... printed version it is then!!!

Comment

If you can print off several copies from the insolvency service site most creditors will accept this. Bear in mind your name will stay online for 3 months after your AD date and then disappear. You can contact your OR and ask for confirmation in writing some will do this for free, but some are charging £25 now or you can pay £70 for the official certificate of discharge from the court where you went BR (in some cases depending if you are on benefits/low income you can have this for free).

Search Insolvency Register - Click here

IF...x

Comment

Phil's too quick for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                            Bear in mind your name will stay online for 3 months after your AD date and then disappear.
                            Blimey, didn't realise it disappeared so quickly. I thought it would show up for 6 years.

I've just printed it to a PDF, so I can re-print as and when necessary. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                              Phil's too quick for me!!
                              That's what his wife says

/FF runs and hides!

Comment

Blimey, didn't realise it disappeared so quickly. I thought it would show up for 6 years.

I've just printed it to a PDF, so I can re-print as and when necessary. Thanks for the tip.
                                Hmm shows up FOREVER in the london gazette pages

Comment

Working...
                                X