GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script bancrupcy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bancrupcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bancrupcy

hi if a crediter can go for bancrupcy at anytime why dont they.i am after piece of mind here guys
    at the start of this journey i owed
    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Re: bancrupcy

Creditors will very rarely go for bankruptcy as an option as it costs them considerably more money to do so than it would you

the only people usually that would are AMEX council tax HMRC

Have you spoke to any of the free debt helplines? http://www.cccs.co.uk

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

or your local CAB?

they can advise on the best way to go...and if bankruptcy is an option sort out creditors with minimum payments etc till you can source the fees for going bankrupt

Comment

no i dont want to go bankrupt just wondered why crediters dont,when i had my original telephone meeting with cccs they said it was a posibility with having collateral in the house
      on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

Basically if you havent got anything to get off you in a bankruptcy, they will often go for other options such as bullying you into paying, CCJ's Ataachment of earinings, charging orders etc, whatever will help them get their money in the quickest possible time. If they risk bankruptcy and you dont have anything then the debt is gone and can never be collected on again, if they put you on a DMP, the Debt stays live they can keep adding some interest and if your situation improves later they can then choose another option to collect.

There are some companies for instance Lowell that buy up debts n the cheap find out who has properties and take the risk of bankruptcy, presumably it must work for them and they come out ahead overall

Comment

dont like the sound of that

Comment

Originally posted by wishfullthinking
            dont like the sound of that
            But like others have confirmed, it is rare that a lender will go for B/R Petition for small unsecured debts. A CCJ/CO is the obvious choices....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X