GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How much should I pay? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much should I pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I pay?

Hi All,
    I am looking to the fountain of knowledge here.
    I have several issues.

I have a DMP with CCCS. I have been on it for some years, probably 6 or 7. I pay a very small amount to each creditor. The problem I have is that I am possibly going to come into some money. Not a great deal but enough to get some of them off my back for good. The questions I have are:-

1. If the Debts have dropped off my CRA file should I bother paying these?
    2. I am not sure who owns the debts anymore. (will it be who CCCS are paying) as some have passed through a number of DCAs.
    3. If I do settle a debt that has dropped off my CRA file will it re-appear with a Satisfied status and will it then be on for another 6 years.

Any advice greatly received
    Thanks

Re: How much should I pay?

Why don't you just ask CCCS for a list of all creditors and associated reference numbers and then send the CCA Request off then we can help better?

To answer the 3 questions;

1. Depends if you own a house, they can still apply for a ccj
    2. See above - speak to CCCS who should provide this info
    3. No - once it's gone, it's gone but don't settle any yet - pointless plus some may have had PPI thus we can reclaim also we can look to reclaim excess charges etc.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Why don't you just ask CCCS for a list of all creditors and associated reference numbers and then send the CCA Request off then we can help better?

To answer the 3 questions;

1. Depends if you own a house, they can still apply for a ccj
      2. See above - speak to CCCS who should provide this info
      3. No - once it's gone, it's gone but don't settle any yet - pointless plus some may have had PPI thus we can reclaim also we can look to reclaim excess charges etc.....
      On the other hand, some of the creditors may have forgotten about the debt by now or have lost the paperwork; a CCA request may wake them up.

Numquam titillandus dormientes troglodytae!

Comment

Yep so let's ask cccs who and what the creditors are. However he's paying the dmp so the creditors will be paid and not asleep.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X