GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Data Protection Act Abuse by Hospital - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Protection Act Abuse by Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection Act Abuse by Hospital

I have just spent a week in hospital. It was not a particularly happy stay and I discovered on Sunday that significant parts of my records had been amended to cover up for the night staff not doing their job properly.

This was compounded by the subsequent shift and denied by senior staff.

Unfortunately for them I had solid proof that I was telling the truth and they were lying (I was able to prove I was not actually there when they claim to have been examining me and handing me a written letter).

All relevant staff have apologised and the data removed to reveal the truth. It has resulted so far in three suspensions.

I was unsure whether I should post this here, but given the nature of the site, I felt it worth posting up as a warning that even those who you feel you should be able to trust 100% are just as crooked as every other bugger out there.

I'm extremely legally minded nowadays, so I wonder just how many patients this happens to who don't know anything about it.

Re: Data Protection Act Abuse by Hospital

Not a good week for the medical world and the DPA then?

Receptionist unlawfully accessed sister-in-law's medical details - news release
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Data Protection Act Abuse by Hospital

Ouch, you know when I was in hossy last time for an op. It was found that I had MRSA, do you know HOW many nurses didn't follow protocol (washing hands, wearing gloves when in my room washing hands when leaving etc)

Its a good thing Im a video spy and have an undercover camera.

Comment

Working...
      X