GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cash deposit machine shut down........ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash deposit machine shut down........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash deposit machine shut down........

OK ....This morning went to Santander I needed to deposit £400 into my account ..so I thought I'd use the cash point ...used it before with no issues

Puts the pin in .... presses deposit cash ...puts the cash in ...comes up on the screen £400 ...press confirm ...

The bloody thing shuts down on me ............

So had a moan at the counter staff ....they give me my card back and checked account.... no money been deposited .....

Nothing we can do till tomorrow morning when the cash point is checked and counted ...if it's £400 up then we'll put the money straight back into your account

If not it has to go to G4S who manages the machines ....

Let's wait and see..........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cash deposit machine shut down........

Hope they sort it out quickly for you Deepie. I don't trust them new fangled things!

Comment

blimey, what a nightmare! I have to be honest, i wasn't aware you could deposit at the cash point. I just thought it was the drawer thing.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HSBC have branches with no staff mate. I kid you not. It's 100% self service. Access is card swipe on door. The lot

Deepie - it'll get spotted. Don't worry. Each machine has CCTV and they'll see you load envelope / put in deposit slot via ATM cam if you queried it later.

I once went into HSBC. Queued and withdrew £2500. Started chatting and must have put the envelope down. Lost it. Funny, no cameras were recording that morning.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
          blimey, what a nightmare! I have to be honest, i wasn't aware you could deposit at the cash point. I just thought it was the drawer thing.
          when you deposit a cheque... you push the cheque in the slot.... it takes a photo of the cheque and the amount ...you press confirm job done

Give you a receipt with a picture of your cheque ....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            HSBC have branches with no staff mate. I kid you not. It's 100% self service. Access is card swipe on door. The lot

Deepie - it'll get spotted. Don't worry. Each machine has CCTV and they'll see you load envelope / put in deposit slot via ATM cam if you queried it later.

I once went into HSBC. Queued and withdrew £2500. Started chatting and must have put the envelope down. Lost it. Funny, no cameras were recording that morning.

I'm not over worried I know must the staff in there ..........

Comment

Never knew that, HSBC by us staffed by bloody machines can't be doing with it .... Bah
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Yep I know of a few HSBC places where they are unmanned and have to use a card to enter.

Comment

Just had phone call from Santander ..yes the cash machine was £400 up ...there just waiting for confirmation from G4S who manages the machines ....

Then the monies will be paid into my account ....

Won't be using the machine to pay money again ....counter for me .....

Comment

21/05/2015 ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENT - ATM DEPOSIT £400.00

Money has just been paid in .....

Comment

Oh thank goodness for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Oh thank goodness for that!
                        Yeah ....I use it all the time but like I said ...It does put you off ...

There always a bloody queue at the counter ..........

Comment

Working...
                        X