GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Eye CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Eye CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye CCJ

Hi Guys hope all is well with everyone

I have an issue regarding some parking fines that have been issued to my partner several months ago. .

The story goes, there is a Large Retail park near to where my partner works. At her work at the time these fines were issued there was a change in her company parking policy, whereby she was no-longer permitted to park on the company property while they were developing an additional car park. The only alternatives were this large retail park just a 2 minute walk from her work, or a pay and display over mile away. She was probably parking on this retail park once or twice a month when either late or had troubles parking elsewhere. A few other people from her company and other surrounding company's were also using this car park, obviously they clicked on and introduced a 'parking eye'

The parking at her work place was then resolved around 6 months later, but as the company recruited more staff the parking issue arose again. This time she was 5 months pregnant (april/,may this year) with a few issues so when there was insufficient parking she had not choice but to park on the retail park.

Each time she parked on there, we got a letter from them demanding payment, at 1st we were going to pay it, but after some reserach were told just to ignore them, which we did.

Then in June this year she left for maternity and we solid our house and brought a new one....

On Saturday this week my partner checked her credit file and found there was a CCJ on there for just over £500. Which we were clueless about. She phone the County Court today and was informed it was issued by 'Parking Eye' and was added to her file on 03/09/13

Is there anything we can do about this.

My issues with it is all of the correspondence with this, has gone to our previous address so we have nothing to go on, so we have seen no summons or anything to prove what the £500 is actually for.

Any pointer will help greatly.

Thanks

Re: Parking Eye CCJ

Google - setting aside a ccj - and the fourth link down is a helpful guide pdf. I can't copy and paste on here (and only here for some reason) via chrome or i'd have posted a direct link.

M1

Comment

Thanks i will take a look

It turns out the court has said it was for fines for December last year

Comment

Shows what the person you spoke to knows. They cannot be fines.

M1

Comment

What do you mean by them not being fines. There are 4 in total December 2012 to Feb 13.

Comment

They are not fines. Parking Eye do not have the legal powers to issue those. They are contractual penalty charges that are dubious and disputable.

See for example: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are invoices. They probably contended that they were contractual charges and were a genuine pre estimate of loss.

M1

Comment

Right i see what you are saying. So would would the next step forward be, apply to the court to set aside the CCJ then dispute these claims with parking eye? thx

Comment

Set aside is the priority. Has to be done asap after you become aware.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by scott_ey View Post
                    Right i see what you are saying. So would would the next step forward be, apply to the court to set aside the CCJ then dispute these claims with parking eye? thx
                    If there are sufficient grounds for a defence, then that may be the case. Pepipoo are the site that has been foremost in challenging these tickets, so I think I would pop over and ask there what they think your prospects of success are.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz
                      If there are sufficient grounds for a defence, then that may be the case. Pepipoo are the site that has been foremost in challenging these tickets, so I think I would pop over and ask there what they think your prospects of success are.
                      2 of the first 3 replies link to setting aside a ccj as per my post above ;p

M1

Comment

Which is one of the reasons for posting it. ;p

Comment

Working...
                        X