GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Appeal hearing failed to phone - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appeal hearing failed to phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal hearing failed to phone

Long story but back in December my husband was contracted by Nottingham City Council to carry out a series of live ice carvings around the streets of Nottingham - the ice blocks weigh over 20 stone and he therefore parked in a loading bay and "assumed" that he would be OK as he was on council business and they had asked him for risk assessments etc. He was issued a parking fine - he didnt pay and put forward the defence he was being paid by the council and it would of been against his health and safety requirements to leave the ice or chainsaws unattended on the street but he needed his van close by as the ice blocks weighed so much to move.

They upheld the fine and offered him the opportunity to take part in an appeal hearing over the telephone. He submitted his written defence and then last week they wrote to allocate yesterday at 10.30 am for the hearing by phone. He waited in all day and no phone call came - he hasnt heard from them today either.

He is tempted to just ignore this - or would you contact them and see what happened? I wonder if NCC have pulled out at the last minute.

Jane x

Re: Appeal hearing failed to phone

bloody councils! i'd be tempted to put something in writing Jane. Recorded :niddy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Figures

I totally agree with Missy...send something recorded & keep copy its bloody laughable

Comment

Just a quick up date, husband got the call yesterday, some confusion over dates! Anyway he stated his case, Nottingham CC just basically said rules are rules but the tribunal agreed that there was merit on both sides and reduced the fines from £150 to £35 to cover admin. Good result we think.

Jane x

Comment

Good result but an absolutely ludicrous situation. Surely when they commissioned the work the council were remiss in not supplying your husband with the necessary permits to park where he was working, which was obviously crucial for health and safety reasons. Glad he got it sorted in the end though

Comment

Bill to council for ancillary cost? just a thought, God this country and its mentallity, Scrooge certainly taught them how to screw people, but they ignored the ending of the tale. Urggghhhhhh
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

similar thing happened to my other half, he was parked in a parking bay where we work and was slightly over into the yellow no parking zone and was issued a ticket, he appealed it and had a phone hearing, the judge said she had to overturn the fine as the ticket had the wrong code on it, but she said to hubby that had it had the correct code he would have had to pay the fine .

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                Bill to council for ancillary cost? just a thought, God this country and its mentallity, Scrooge certainly taught them how to screw people, but they ignored the ending of the tale. Urggghhhhhh
                God bless us everyone

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                  Just a quick up date, husband got the call yesterday, some confusion over dates! Anyway he stated his case, Nottingham CC just basically said rules are rules but the tribunal agreed that there was merit on both sides and reduced the fines from £150 to £35 to cover admin. Good result we think.
                  Perhaps he should shew his gratitude with another ice carving?

Comment

Working...
                  X