GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shoes problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoes problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes problem

Wonder if anyone could advise me as to what I should/can do here.

Daughter has her prom coming up in a couple of weeks. Anyone with a teenage girl going through this I'm sure will understand lol

She is not spoilt, she doesn't get everything she wants whenever she clicks her fingers, and she has been 'prom shopping' for nearly a year.

We have all her outfit sorted but since January have been looking for 'the right shoes' .
    2 weeks ago, she found them at Debenhams, reduced from £65 to £31.50, but they only had one pair, and they were only available online.
    Cue frantic phone call from the store to home to order them asap.
    DD was thrilled when they arrived, opened the box eagerly, and one shoe was perfect, the other one, not so much:
    There are pen marks on the platform and heel
    A whopping big stain of some kind on the heel
    Stiching coming undone and in some places hanging off
    I have pictures if that helps

I immediately called CS and pointed out we only received them 10 minutes earlier (sure they can check the delivery slip as it was a digital one)and explained the faults and was met with 'return them for a full refund or a replacement'
    I want a replacement
    There's no more in stock
    I know, when are you getting some in?
    Don't know

Now I really don't want to have to go ruddy shoe shopping again, it has taken her 4 months to find these 'perfect' shoes, and having spoken now to several shoe repairers to see how much it would be to repair them, at Debenhams cost, have drawn a blank.
    No one will touch them.
    The general consensus is that the stitching won't match as it's done on a different machine so would probably look worse than it does already
    The material is a brushed satin so even using water on the stain on the heel will probably cause further staining
    The solvent used to dissolve the pen marks will stain the material, and probably dissolve the glue holding the diamantés in place

They cannot guarantee the shoes will be back in stock before her prom date.
    Would it be unreasonable to ask them to allow her to wear them to prom and replace them when they come back in stock?
    There response so far is: If you do not require the item then please return it back to us via the post or alternatively, take the item to your local store where a full refund will be issued.

The point I'm trying to make is that I do require the item, but not in the state they were received....

Re: Shoes problem

Sadly sale of goods act will allow the shop to refund. Wear them and kiss that goodbye.

You're best returning them in my opinion. Get your £30 back and look again.

I've had the same with our youngest but you know what? Who looks at your feet - hopefully the dress and boy she's got on her arm will make her beautiful enough.

That's a blokes POV but still the fact you're offered a refund means they're within their rights. I'd take the refund myself.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Boy on her arm?!! Who said anything about a boy on her arm?!

Thanks Niddy, thought as much. The thought of going shoe shopping again just kills me

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
        Boy on her arm?!! Who said anything about a boy on her arm?!

Thanks Niddy, thought as much. The thought of going shoe shopping again just kills me
        My wife will do the shoe shopping for her.

Comment

So did you return them? Found any more shoes?

I feel for you...I hate shopping of any kind...and I'm a woman!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll do the shoe shopping, you can never ever have too many shoes! You need a selection of heel heights, all different colours and some good blister plasters!
            Last edited by cymruambyth; 27 June 2013, 21:09.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

or a couple of pairs of comfy crocs in a nice variety of colours..................

Comment

Oh yes, always space for a selection of crocs.........I wonder why I ended up needing AAD

Comment

Working...
                X