aaaargh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaargh

Just got back from Morrisons. They've already got mince pies and half a Christmas aisle!

I know it's the first week in September, which is traditionally the time when this stuff gets put out, but it drives me mad!

Re: aaaargh

I know what you mean!

I'd just got back from holiday and went into the local cheap shop - Christmas cards, decorations etc all on display - I was still in summer holiday mode!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

bloody hate that i work in a shop and i bin doing christmas lists for stock this week and they want to know if i want overtime drives me up my pole
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

whaaaat! i haven't seen anything yet...that's ridiculous!

Comment

Where's your Christmas spirit ladies?!

My presents are bought, the hand-made personalised cards that I've ordered are in the post and the wrapping paper will be getting bought shortly...

'Tis the season to be jolly...except when it snows for 5months :/
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

xmas shopping should be banned til December.

Comment

drives me mad as well, spoils it somehow for me
              they don't do that in Europe just the last fortnight before or so, much better

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                'Tis the season to be jolly..
                Tis still bloody summer down ere.

Comment

angelic thanks button still playin up so thank you all
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Summer? I don't recognise that word, what does it mean?

I probably should do my xmas shopping fairly soon since I'm going to be on holiday for four weeks from early December. I've only got two to buy though, and I can't get sister's until she tells me what she wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
                      Summer? I don't recognise that word, what does it mean?
                      Happens down south.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                        Tis still bloody summer down ere.
                        We went from winter to winter...with a couple of nice days in between!
                        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
                          Just got back from Morrisons. They've already got mince pies and half a Christmas aisle!

I know it's the first week in September, which is traditionally the time when this stuff gets put out, but it drives me mad!
                          Don't tell Mrs Handy, she will start to stock up on them now, then throw them away because they have gone past their best by date. Did you know when it goes past that date it goes green and glows in the dark. Well Mrs Handy does, I just hate spending good money just to feed the dustbin.

Where's your Christmas spirit ladies?!

My presents are bought, the hand-made personalised cards that I've ordered are in the post and the wrapping paper will be getting bought shortly...

'Tis the season to be jolly...except when it snows for 5months :/
                          The first time I went to where Angelic lives, (Easter) every house had Candle Bridges in the windows. I thought it was some sort of Norse Tradition. I soon realized it never really get light enough to make it worth putting away the Christmas trimmings

We went from winter to winter...with a couple of nice days in between!
                          Move Sarf and become a Sofern Softy, like Handy. When I lived in the Great Glen, I would go around in January in a tee shirt.
                          Down here when the sun goes in I put on a Ski Mask and Gloves.

Regards all, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Just thought, We used to love the Nutcracker Christmas Shop in Callendar. We used to call in every time we went from Fort Bill down to Dundee. They used to do an Apple and Cinnamon room spray.
                            I defy anyone to smell it and not think of Christmas.

The Shop is open for Christmas Trimmings 12 months a year.
                            LINKNutcracker Christmas Shop

Enjoy
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

You think this is early, Huh!! Father in Law worked for a Christmas card manufacturer and he used to deliver cards in August! NO!!! Not for the coming Christmas they were for the one the FOLLOWING year.

Mrs G went to Oz a while back to visit No 1 son, they have "Christmas" shops in Sydney open 24/7 all year. Mind lighting the barbie for dinner seems one sausage short------------- better shut up or our colonial cousins will leave the reservation and go on rampage.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Working...
                              X