GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rip off Britain

I saw watchdog tonight, and I remembered when I contacted them last year about the same tesco misleading selling prices, neither received a reply, not matter, here again the picture I sent to them for you to enjoy
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tesco.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1383936

Comment

TONIGHT: 20th October 2011

BBC1: Watchdog: @ 8.00PM linky:

How much does your bank account cost you? Watchdog takes a look at how you could be paying hundreds of pounds more than you should, for current account 'extras' that you do not need or never use.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you missed last week - was interesting about When Bankers were good - Ian Hislop phrase 'ilth'

Linky: BBC iPlayer - Ian Hislop: When Bankers Were Good
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi 5corpio,

Thanks for this, we watched it when it was on the telly and can recommend taking the time watching it.

Just shows how far they have strayed from their roots and become the unscrupulous organisations they are today. Not one of them would qualify to become the Quaker of their roots would they?

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Hi Garlok

Yes, it was quiet facaniting - i was only flicking through the channels (as one does, trying to see what was on), Ended up watching it. Interesting how it all became, and the ancestory of how it all become and started including the 'Quakers - a different approach to society'.

Nope doubt that we will ever see things again 'good old friendliest bank - they were the days when i went down with my pot of 2ps jingling in the blue piggy' and such........

well worth a good watch - Wonder if they'll ever screen it in their training videos - this is what a Bank should be? 'Ilth'

Comment

Noticed, that 'Rip of Britain' is screened on in the mornings now (doesn't look like repeats)......BBC 1 Friday 5th Dec 09.45 next screening.....Previous today (2nd Dec)

Comment

Re: RBS: Inside the Bank That Ran Out of Money

RBS: Inside the Bank That Ran Out of Money

If you missed it last night - iPlayer Linky: HERE

The Royal Bank of Scotland was once a famous Scottish institution; a bank with a reputation for prudence. But in October 2008, less than a decade after Fred Goodwin took over as chief executive, it came within hours of collapsing. RBS later posted the biggest loss in UK corporate history - 24 billion pounds - which damaged the bank's reputation for financial prudence and Scotland's image as a global financial centre. Using previously unbroadcast footage of the bank's top executives and interviews with bank insiders, this documentary tells the compelling story of a national catastrophe

Comment

Payback Time: Tonight
                  7:30pm to 8:00pm
                  As household debt rises to the five billion mark and the cost of living is at its highest level for years, the programme looks at how ordinary households are borrowing just to fund their day-to-day ex...

ITV Player LINK: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=300104
                  Last edited by 5corpio; 26 January 2012, 20:15. Reason: Acutal Link available NOW

Comment

Rip Off Britain 2012

1st Feb 2012 BBC1

Episode 3 of 6, LINKY: Rip Off Britain 2012

The team investigate cases where consumers feel they have been forced to pay well over the odds. This week we hear from one man who was charged a staggering 14,000 pounds... just for unblocking his drain! Also, why even your own bank may not be able to stop unwanted payments being taken out of your account. And how motorway service stations justify prices that are sometimes double those on the high street. There's also more invaluable advice from the experts at the Rip-Off Britain pop-up shop.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      I hadn't then; I since have watched the programme, whereupon I learned that Ryan Air and/or Michael O'Deary was alleged to have 'tweaked the consumers' nipples once too often'.
                      I wonder what Mr O'Deary thinks of this song?

Last edited by 5corpio; 2 February 2012, 17:47. Reason: You tube link changed to show video

Comment

rip of britain tonight - 15th Feb 2012
                        Episode 5 of 6, Series 3 LINKY BBC One - Rip Off Britain, Series 3 (Evening), Episode 5

The team investigate the companies cashing in on a mis-selling scandal with a service you can get for free, and meet the young drivers who say the spiralling cost of car insurance has left them priced off the road. Plus, the locals who say they can't get their hands on their cash without having to pay; transport minister Theresa Villiers is challenged on the rising costs of travelling by train; and there is more invaluable advice from the experts at the Rip Off Britain pop-up shop.

Comment

Pah! its a repeat 'i've been ripped off' - lol

Comment

Back on tonight - Watchdog BBC1 or HD @ 8.00pm

About:
                            Anne Robinson and the team look at how you can slash your bills by hundreds of pounds with just one phone call, and meet the pet owners facing crippling vets' bills. Plus a look at why Britons pay more than customers in Europe for the same products.

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Watchdog, 22/03/2012

Comment

Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Watchdog

Thu 12 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

Consumer series. As car insurance premiums rocket, why are some companies making their loyal customers pay the most? Plus, the products that are more expensive for women than men....linky: BBC One Programmes - Watchdog, 12/04/2012

Comment

Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Watchdog

Thu 19 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

How flying with a budget airline can end up costing you more than travelling with a major carrier. Plus the energy giant that has been condemning perfectly working boilers and the supermarket price cuts that aren't what they seem.....link http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/
                                Last edited by 5corpio; 19 April 2012, 18:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X