GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consumer TV Series on television

This has been discussed in various forum groups and the general consensus is that there is a need for credit to those that cannot obtain it elsewhere. Point is, apparently the public actually want payday lenders etc to exist.

It's a weird one but it seems they'll be with us for a while - the OFT actually back a lot of their principles, it's sickening but then again what if they removed all PDL's - how would people that otherwise would not get credit, be able to get that extra few quid for an emergency bill payment or whatever?

I hate the scum, but can also see why there is a need for them to exist, albeit I wish they were more capped and regulated, I fear doing so might make them pull out altogether....

Its a catch 22 sadly/
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Catch 22 uummmmm in a hell of a lot of cases. == The Devil you Do & The Devil you Don!t.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        People managed to survive in this country before the PDL invasion in recent years...
        Not really..... you've had provident and other doorstep loans (think beneficial finance etc) running for 30 years....

Its just more common nowadays.

Provident is over 100 years old remember!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yes you had a few doorstep collectors, usually a one man business with decent rates for the less well off, with top ups if necessary, I remember seeing them go around in the early 1950s, also one man front room clothing retailer who you were sent to for fitting of a jacket or trousers and parents paid so much a week, the only other area was the CO-OP who supplied school uniforms, and you use to have to buy outright but used your Dividends to-wards the cost, parents struggled but seem to get thru it, also happened with ration books in the late 40s.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Watchdog: 3rd October 2012 @ 8.00pm

The people unable to get mortgages and loans because of mistakes on their credit files. Plus, the pharmaceutical companies that charge different prices for the same drugs

Linky: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 30, Episode 4

Comment

Panorama:
              3rd October 2012 @ 9.00pm
              BBC 1

Britain's Secret Health Tourists

Declan Lawn reports on how 'health tourists' are obtaining free NHS treatment they should be paying for - at a cost of millions to our health service. Panorama goes undercover inside a black market where NHS access is being bought and sold, and finds an NHS practice manager taking money to register health tourists. Declan also discovers how easy it is for foreign nationals to get free treatment - with many hospitals across the country not making the required checks.....

Comment

Watchdog: 10th October 2012 @ 8.00pm

Why homeowners face a hike in insurance premiums to cover potential flood damage - even if their properties are in low risk areas. Plus the mistakes on your credit file that could lead to you being rejected for a mortgage or personal loan.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  Watchdog: 10th October 2012 @ 8.00pm

Why homeowners face a hike in insurance premiums to cover potential flood damage - even if their properties are in low risk areas. Plus the mistakes on your credit file that could lead to you being rejected for a mortgage or personal loan.

iPlayer Link: BBC iPlayer - Watchdog: Series 30: Episode 5

Comment

Watchdog: 17th October 2012 @ 8.00pm

Comment

• Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Inside Out (Region Various)

Season 22 Episode 1

15th October 2012 BBC 1 @ 7.30pm

New series. Tony Livesey presents stories of interest to the region, including a report on care for the elderly. Jacey Normand examines homecare and asks whether the system is in crisis as the population grows older and funding becomes tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post

Series 30Episode 6 of 8
                        How banks and building societies are squeezing homebuyers with huge mortgage arrangement fees. Plus the car companies that no longer provide spare tyres, leaving motorists stranded.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new cross-government website Gov.uk has launched making it quicker and easier for you to interact with the government online. The website which replaces Directgov and Business Link includes information on: paying court fines online understanding prison sentences creating a power of attorney applying for legal aid Bringing this information together into one single website will help reduce the financial and administrative impact of running multiple government websites. To help the transistion to the new website, if you access Directgov and Business Link you will be automatically redirected to the correct content on Gov.uk The next stage

Comment

Fake Britain:
                            22nd October 2012 @ 8.30pm

BBC 1
                            Series 3 Episode 11 of 15
                            In this episode, Fake Britain is given exclusive access to the country's biggest postal hub to see the extraordinary range of fake goods flooding into the UK. Also featured is the story of the two old-fashioned criminals who forged the works of world-famous street artist Banksy, and the collector-turned-sleuth who solved the case. Plus the fake lonely heart whose charm lured pensioners out of thousands of pounds.

Comment

Watchdog: 31st October 2012 @ 8.00pm
                              Last in Series
                              After putting aside billions to compensate victims of PPI mis-selling, why are some banks rejecting legitimate claims? Plus, the rising costs of private medical care, and problems with the world's bestselling computer sports game.

Linky: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 30, Episode 8

Comment

• Martin Lewis on Claiming PPI tonight ITV 7:30

Not sure if this is the right sub forum

Martin Lewis on ITV at 7:30 tonight on "Claiming back PPI"
                                My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Working...
                                X