GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    Watchdog

Thu 12 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

Consumer series. As car insurance premiums rocket, why are some companies making their loyal customers pay the most? Plus, the products that are more expensive for women than men....link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01gg5dyy:
    Watchdog

Thu 19 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

How flying with a budget airline can end up costing you more than travelling with a major carrier. Plus the energy giant that has been condemning perfectly working boilers and the supermarket price cuts that aren't what they seem.....link BBC - Watchdog
    Snap!
    Last edited by 5corpio; 19 April 2012, 18:36. Reason: link and text amendment

Comment

Thanks, it was forum fault for timing out on me...........amended
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I liked their test of the question answering app on the latest iPhone:

Q: What date is Easter Sunday?
        A: I have no idea what date it is in eleven minus eight White City Close. How silly is that?
        Garbage In, Garbage Out.
        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 19 April 2012, 18:42.

Comment

According to the spokeswallah for British Gas Service Division - apparently its Managing Director, one Chris Jansen - their engineers do not get any commission on sales of new boilers and he stood by the disingenuous clap-trap his engineers stated. Incredible!

Unless British Gas have changed their procedures in the last few years, their engineers are still paid a reward for all qualified sales leads they generate so, whilst the commission on the sale may only be paid to the box-wallah who gets the mug sucker customer to sign on the dotted line, the engineer is rewarded for condemning old (but serviceable and safe) boilers.

Comment

Watchdog

Thu 26 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

Anne Robinson and the team look at how easy it is to become a victim of bank fraud - how hard is it to get your money back? Plus, the value-for-money stores that can turn out to be more expensive than mainstream supermarkets.....link BBC - Watchdog
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Watchdog

Thu 3 May 2012 @ 20:00

Anne Robinson and the team investigate a potentially dangerous fault with a popular family car. Plus questionable supermarket offers, and the insurance companies hitting customers with huge charges for a simple change of address. Linky: BBC - BBC One Programmes - Watchdog

Comment

Watchdog

Thu 26 Apr 2012 @ 20:00

Anne Robinson and the team look at how easy it is to become a victim of bank fraud - how hard is it to get your money back?
                Perhaps that is the way the banks plan to increase adult employment?

Comment

i think that i missed that bit =

Comment

The Truth About Tax

Monday 14th May 2012 @ 20:30 on BBC1

Aggressive tax avoidance was branded 'morally repugnant' by the chancellor in the last budget. But what does he mean? Panorama investigates how some of the UK's most famous companies are using a tax haven at the heart of Europe to save millions in tax. Armed with a cache of secret documents, the programme reveals how global names have received big tax breaks on billion-pound transactions in the tiny country of Luxembourg. They say legal tax efficiency is good news for shareholders. In these austere times, Darragh MacIntyre asks: is big business paying its fair share?....Read more here: Panorama, The Truth About Tax

Comment

Watching the Detectives

Monday 14th May 2012 @ 20:00 on CH4

How safe are your secrets? Channel 4 Dispatches reveals how easy it is to buy our most personal and confidential information. In a year-long undercover investigation, private detectives sell us access to health and criminal records, mobile phone bills and bank accounts. The programme discovers the extent of the black market in personal data and reveals how supposedly secure databases are open to exploitation.....Read more here: channel4.com dispatches

Comment

The Truth About Tax

Monday 14th May 2012 @ 20:30 on BBC1

Aggressive tax avoidance was branded 'morally repugnant' by the chancellor in the last budget. But what does he mean? Panorama investigates how some of the UK's most famous companies are using a tax haven at the heart of Europe to save millions in tax. Armed with a cache of secret documents, the programme reveals how global names have received big tax breaks on billion-pound transactions in the tiny country of Luxembourg. They say legal tax efficiency is good news for shareholders. In these austere times, Darragh MacIntyre asks: is big business paying its fair share?....Read more here: Panorama, The Truth About Tax
                        Bump - tonight
                        Watching the Detectives

Monday 14th May 2012 @ 20:00 on CH4

How safe are your secrets? Channel 4 Dispatches reveals how easy it is to buy our most personal and confidential information. In a year-long undercover investigation, private detectives sell us access to health and criminal records, mobile phone bills and bank accounts. The programme discovers the extent of the black market in personal data and reveals how supposedly secure databases are open to exploitation.....Read more here: channel4.com dispatches
                        Bump - tonight

Comment

Watching the Defectives
                          IFYPFY.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            IFYPFY.
                            Speak English Boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              IFYPFY.
                              Speak English Boy!
                              I fixed your post for you......

Comment

Beating the Recession - Cash vs Cards
                                Dispatches:
                                Personal finance expert Harry Wallop investigates whether cutting up our credit cards and paying for everything in cash could leave us with more money in our pockets. Exclusive research for Channel 4 reveals how families are now realising the value of a 'return to cash', drawing out more from cash machines than at any time in the last five years. But that's not what the banks and credit card companies want us to do - so is the move towards a cashless society more about the banks' profits than the convenience of financially-stretched consumers?

Monday 21st May 2012 @ 20:00 on CH4
                                Linky: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches

Comment

Working...
                                X