GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    Personal finance expert Harry Wallop investigates whether cutting up our credit cards and paying for everything in cash could leave us with more money in our pockets. Exclusive research for Channel 4 reveals how families are now realising the value of a 'return to cash', drawing out more from cash machines than at any time in the last five years. But that's not what the banks and credit card companies want us to do - so is the move towards a cashless society more about the banks' profits than the convenience of financially-stretched consumers?
    Is a hog's penis pork?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Is a hog's penis pork?
      Pass. Can you enlighten us please Sir...?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Panaroma: 2nd July 2012 @ 8.30pm

Call Centres Undercover

Britain is being affected by an 'epidemic' of unsolicited and unwanted calls and texts. With an estimated three billion marketing calls and messages received every year, Panorama goes undercover to expose how some firms are getting round the regulations designed to protect consumers.

Linky: BBC One - Panorama, Call Centres Undercover
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers for that 5corps I spotted your post just 5 minutes before the programme started. I'm going for a walk now to cool of for as a few of you are aware these Spammers/Cold Callers really make my blood boil.

If It was the last job in creation, no matter how desperate I was I would never work for someone like Horizon Finance.

Makes me feel like walking into their call centre and introducing them to Mr Pain

It should not be allowed. Just goes to show that organisations like TPS that are financed by the industry they are employed to police are just another scam in itself.

When are the folk we elected going to realise that none of the so called regulatory bodies actually work.

It needs an organisation that can walk soft and carry a very big stick.

I would put my own name forward if I thought anyone in charge really gave a damm.

Rant over, dogs to walk and head to cool down.

Regards to all, Handy
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Secrets of the Taxman

An undercover report partly filmed in the Channel Islands presents new revelations about tax avoidance. Tonight on CH4 @ 8pm 9th July 2012

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Britain on the Sick:

CH 4 @ 8pm on 30th July 2012

Dispatches: Using undercover filming, reporter Jackie Long investigates the controversial processes used to assess whether sickness and disability benefit claimants should be declared fit for work.

Comment

Panaroma: 30th July 2012 @ 8.30pm

Disabled or Faking It?

Panorama investigates the government's plans to end the so-called 'sick note culture' and their attempts to get millions of people off disability benefits and into work. In Britain's modern welfare state, millions are being paid to private companies to assess sick and disabled claimants but is the system working? Or are new tests wrong.....Linky: BBC One - Panorama, Disabled or Faking It?

Comment

There is also another Programme which is similar on BBC 1 at 8.30pm

BBC One - Panorama, Disabled or Faking It?

Comment

Beat me to it 5corpio

Comment

Pam Finnis, managing director of one of Britain's biggest care home firms, goes undercover to investigate standards of care. The private care home industry has been plagued with problems. Last year, scandal-hit Southern Cross - then Britain's biggest care home operator - collapsed under £50 million of debt. HC-One stepped in and took over a third of the homes. They now care for more than 10,000 people across 241 UK care homes, and the woman in charge of the day to day running of the company is Pam. Ex-nurse Pam finds going back to the floor tougher than she imagined. She discovers one home is in need of urgent refurbishment; breaks down when she hears how her staff struggle to survive on their low wages; and is upset to discover overstretched night shift staff unable to respond immediately to residents' calls for help. But Pam's also inspired by dedicated employees, some of whom choose to work on their days off in order to spend more time with residents......

Linky: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/u...es-4/episode-5

Comment

iSmart - suppose to be ppi claims company

Offered to take on x person case to retrieve missed sold ppi for 3 years on a 20 year Loan

£2,xxx was paid to iSmart by the Bank, iSmart then wrote to mr x to say you owe us £900 for getting your £2,xxx back, as they cancelled his remaining 17 year ppi loan payment.........

Superscrimpers on Ch4 tonight (if missed) Linky: SuperScrimpers - Channel 4 This may play be on 4OD SuperScrimpers - 4oD - Channel 4 at a later date, at its just been broadcast tonight

Comment

Watchdog
                          New Series

Wednesday 12th September 2012 @ 20:00

Stories featured include the security flaw that allows thieves to drive off with a popular family car, the all-inclusive resort where guests have suffered food poisoning, and the hunt for the UK's worst savings account.

Linky: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 30, Episode 1

Comment

Watchdog
                            Series 30 Episode 2 of 8

Wednesday 19th September 2012 @ 20:00

Are petrol companies fixing the price that drivers pay at the pumps? Plus an undercover investigation into the UK's largest chain of pet stores, and the company that pressure-sells burglar alarms to the elderly.

Linky: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01myfc6

Comment

Watchdog
                              Series 30 Episode 3 of 8

Wednesday 26th September 2012 @ 20:00

Why you could be landed with a bill for thousands of pounds if your mobile phone is stolen. Plus new-build homes that are riddled with faults, and the savings accounts that leave you worse off.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                                Plus new-build homes that are riddled with faults, and the savings accounts that leave you worse off.
                                Yep I can vouch for this - ours (5yrs old now) seems to be falling apart, why does everything last 5yrs till end of builder warranty before dying? Pain in the ass.

Our patio door just combusted the other day, literally it just shattered for no reason whatsoever..... plus bathroom 1 main tap is broken so thats a few hundred out of pocket - 2 months after warranty ended.

Utter bollocks. :niddy
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X