GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Matin Lewis on Claiming PPI tonight ITV 7:30

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    Not sure if this is the right sub forum

Martin Lewis on ITV at 7:30 tonight on "Claiming back PPI"
    I for one will be pleased to miss this - can't stand the bloke.

I did my claiming with help from this site.

Comment

well I hope things have improved since the 1st episode......some VERY odd camera work made me feel sick watching thats for sure

sorry to say i'm in the cant stand camp as well....

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        well I hope things have improved since the 1st episode......some VERY odd camera work made me feel sick watching thats for sure

sorry to say i'm in the cant stand camp as well....

I would not even sit for him either! he!s all wind and no pants, his site letters are ignored as I found years ago.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

lol
          My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            I would not even sit for him either! he!s all wind and no pants, his site letters are ignored as I found years ago.
            Totally agree with this, his templates are pants.

The Charges refund advice on there is now downright dangerous.

Right at the bottom of it says "you may need to go to court but FOS never fails"

It should be saying right at the top "you will need to go to court FOS will not uphold and you need to be a dab hand on limitations law and not be fazed by fighting a top lawyer"

Even the forums are asking puzzled questions but no one seems to be pulling the advice.

Obviously too busy counting his windfall and self promoting himself.

Have now seen a number of consumers happily setting off down the reclaim route issuing a claim in court (Because the templates are pants and FOS isnt entertaining it anymore) only to be hit for a counterclaim.

The term making examples could be what the banks are up to now.

Comment

Totally agree with you all--

I've been helping on claiming PPI for 5 years (together with my friend di30 ) on various forums (not MSE much) ---but lets just listen to him to see if there is any new info out there we haven't gleaned

For instance--even on here ---where I have been back for only 3 day--I see the info re Credit Card Claims does not reflect the FSA Handbook 2010/36 Appendix 2 Example 6 re the new rules where an additional 8% is only applicable in limited circumstances

I will later expand on that and provide my spreadsheets which mirror the new rules btw .
              My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

• Re: Martin Lewis on Claiming PPI tonight ITV 7:30

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                Not sure if this is the right sub forum

Martin Lewis on ITV at 7:30 tonight on "Claiming back PPI"
                Hi Turboman

I have moved the thread (and posts to this sub forum)

Consumer TV Series on television Link below:

Consumer TV Series on television - allaboutFORUMS

Thanks for the post
                5corpio
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Consumer TV Series on television

CH 4 Dispatches:
                  Monday 10th December 2012 @ 8pm
                  How Safe Is Your Cash?

In the first four months of 2012, the number of fraudulent attacks on credit and debit cards almost doubled. Reporter Morland Sanders discovers a growing concern that some of the major banks are refusing to accept liability if the account holder's personal identification number has been compromised.....Linky: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/d...-115/episode-4

Comment

Secrets of Your Car Insurance

CH4 - 8pm on 7th January 2013

Dispatches reveals the secrets of car insurance that all drivers should know. Harry Wallop investigates claims that major insurers cash in when you have a crash, through maximising profits, lucrative referral fees and rebate deals, sometimes at the expense of doing what's best for you and your car.

Linky: dispatches

Comment

Rip of Britain:

'New' Episode 1 BBC 1 at 11am 7th January 2013

The consumer series returns with a special week of programmes investigating disastrous holidays and troubles with travel. Gloria Hunniford, Angela Rippon and Julia Somerville visit Tenerife, one of the most popular destinations for Britons abroad, to uncover why viewers' long-awaited trips have gone so badly wrong. As well as putting things right, they have plenty of advice to ensure the same situations don't happen to you......Read more here:.....Linky: BBC One - Rip Off Britain, Holidays, Episode 1

Comment

The Great Disability Scam?

28th Jan 2013 on BBC 1 @ 8.30pm

Only half of all people with a disability are in work. Panorama investigates if one of the government's most ambitious welfare reforms, costing billions of pounds, can solve the problem of disability unemployment. Reporter Sam Poling reveals the private companies who are getting rich from the new reforms despite only being able to get a small fraction of disabled people back to work, and speaks to the charities who feel the most vulnerable in our society are being failed....Read more here

Comment

Panorama
                          11th February 2013 - BBC 1 @ 8.30 PM

Inside Barclays: Banking on Bonuses

After a series of controversies, bosses at Barclays say they're changing the culture of the bank. But what went wrong? Reporter Richard Bilton investigates the bonus culture that drove one of our biggest banks..........LINK: BBC One - Panorama, Inside Barclays: Banking on Bonuses

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                            Panorama
                            11th February 2013 - BBC 1 @ 8.30 PM

Inside Barclays: Banking on Bonuses

After a series of controversies, bosses at Barclays say they're changing the culture of the bank. But what went wrong? Reporter Richard Bilton investigates the bonus culture that drove one of our biggest banks..........LINK: BBC One - Panorama, Inside Barclays: Banking on Bonuses
                            Barclays misled shareholders on investment: Panorama

The banking giant is to come under the spotlight on Monday over allegations it misled shareholders over the source of funds which averted its need for a bailout at the height of the financial crisis. Barclays is accused of obscuring the true source of a £3bn investment received in 2008...........Read more here at AAD BLOG pages: Panorama - Inside Barclays: Banking on Bonuses - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Dispatches - Tonight
                              Britain on Benefits - Disability Living Allowance
                              25th February 2013 @8pm CH4

The Disability Living Allowance helps more than three million people lead useful lives. It pays for transport and carers, meaning that disabled people can work and lead independent lives. But the benefit bill has to be cut, and the government plans to take more than half a million claimants off DLA. What will that mean for those who depend on it? Talking to fellow Paralympians, disabled army veterans and disabled people in work, wheelchair basketball ace Ade Adepitan goes in search of answers, and asks if this hugely ambitious and expensive plan to reassess disabled people has been properly thought through.....LINK
                              Last edited by 5corpio; 25 February 2013, 19:09.

Comment

FAKE BRITAIN:
                                LINKY Series 3 Episode 13 of 15
                                BBC 1 @ 8.30pm tonight (6th March 2013)

Fake Britain meets the man who turned detective to catch the faker who stole both his identity and £7,000 of his money. Plus the clamping firm faking fines to make money out of you; and the victims of the fake lorry driver's course, conned out of thousands.....(Originally Broadcasted 08 Jun 2012)

Comment

Working...
                                X