GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consumer TV Series on television

New Series:

Watchdog Series 31 Episode 1 of 8

BBC 1 @ 8pm 1st May 2013

Caught on camera: the mobile phone companies making false promises to customers. Plus, the payday lender that could raid your bank account - even if you haven't applied for a loan. And why UK water bills are among the highest in Europe.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm an interesting watch.....and nobody from wonga to quote why they've been sooooo lapse in their screening process

scumbags

Comment

I missed it all, will have to watch it on BBC iplayer tomorrow
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Don't forget Watchdog tonight BBC 1 @8pm 8th May

Comment

Bankers tonight on BBC2 @9pm tonight
            Fixing the System series 1 of 3
            Bankers at TVGuide.co.uk UK TV Listings Guide

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
              Bankers tonight on BBC2 @9pm tonight
              Fixing the System series 1 of 3
              Bankers at TVGuide.co.uk UK TV Listings Guide
              INFO:
              The dramatic inside story of the scandal that ripped through the banking industry in 2012 and took down a banking legend, Bob Diamond. In the first of a new three-part series, bank bosses, regulators and politicians give frank first-hand accounts of how the balance of power has finally started to shift away from the masters of the universe. Ironically, this game-changing crisis erupted over the widespread rigging of an obscure rate-setting mechanism, Libor, rather than over the tumult of the financial crash. Some say it took this latest scandal to expose a profit-at-all-costs cynicism that they believe has corrupted the heart of our banking system; all agree things need to change. Former Barclays chairman Marcus Agius, RBS boss Sir Philip Hampton, deputy governor of the Bank of England Andrew Bailey and Jean-Claude Trichet examine the difficult new dilemmas about what we want and need from our bankers, and whether we can trust them again.

Can be caught on BBCiPlayer: BBC iPlayer - Bankers: Fixing The System

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                Don't forget Watchdog tonight BBC 1 @8pm 8th May
                info:

Series 31 Episode 2 of 8 Duration: 1 hour
                We investigate how some airlines are sidestepping new rules to compensate passengers for delayed flights. Plus, the best-selling washing machine brands with a dangerous fault.
                ....LINKY: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 31, Episode 2

Comment

Next Show:

Series 31 Episode 3 of 8 Duration: 1 hour

Info:

Actor Nigel Havers reveals how he was cheated out of money by a rogue lettings agency, and shows how millions of tenants could also fall victim - despite government plans to regulate the property rentals sector. Plus, complaints against an online money transfer business.

BBC 1 @ 8pm on 15th May 2013
                  Link: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 31, Episode 3

Comment

Bump:

Watchdog Tonight @8pm BBC 1

Actor Nigel Havers reveals how he was cheated out of money by a rogue lettings agency and shows how millions of other tenants could also fall victim, despite Government plans to regulate the property rentals sector. Plus, a report on complaints made against the online money transfer business PayPal

Bump:

Banks - Part 2 of 3 @9pm BBC 2

The consequences of traders taking reckless financial risks five years after the crash that brought the world's economy to its knees, focusing on the bankruptcy of brokerage firm MF Global and transactions by JP Morgan's investment office that resulted in losses of $6billion. With contributions by Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman, former JP Morgan executive Bill Winters and financier Martin Wheatley

Comment

Watchdog
                      BBC 1 @8pm

Series 31 Episode 4 of 8

The team investigate the rise of council parking fines, and claims that hundreds of thousands of tickets may have been issued illegally due to poor and confusing signage.....Link: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 31, Episode 4

Comment

New Series:

Watchdog Series 31 Episode 5 of 8

BBC 1 @ 8pm 1st May 2013

The team investigate 'blacklisting' by banks - and the effects on former customers who can no longer open accounts. Plus, how Britain's 'pothole epidemic' is damaging our cars.

Comment

Fake Britain Back again:
                          BBC 1 @ 7.30PM

INFO:
                          Linky: Series 4 Episode 1 of 10

This episode looks at the illegally imported puppies with fake passports, the high-tech car cloners faking your car keys, and the counterfeit high-end watches being sold for thousands.

Comment

Panorama - Blacklist Britain

BBC 1 @ 8.30pm - 10th June 2013

For years some of the biggest names in British business subscribed to a secret blacklist containing thousands of names with the power to deny work and destroy livelihoods. From the Millennium Dome to the iconic Olympic Park, some construction firms paid for information on workers they feared could delay work and cost them money. Reporter Richard Bilton does the first television interview with the bookkeeper for the organisation which ran the list. And he discovers that even though the list has now been closed down, blacklisting still appears to be alive and well in Britain.

Comment

Panorama -Traffic Fines - Highway Robbery?
                              BBC 1 @ 7.30pm - 12th June 2013
                              When a CCTV camera snaps your car and you get a ticket in the post, how annoyed do you get? More motorists face this frustration as councils are now fining drivers in ever-greater numbers after capturing them on CCTV. They claim they do it to keep the traffic flowing smoother. But private emails obtained by Panorama reveal a different story, with officials congratulating each other on the number of tickets issued: 'Another record month, guys. Well done,' says one. The programme visits the box junction where the council fines so many drivers - 29,000 last year alone - that it's known as the 'Money Box', and tries to find new ways to cut down the mountain of traffic tickets now issued every year.....

Comment

New Series:

Watchdog Series 31 Episode 7 of 8

BBC 1 @ 8pm 12th June 2013
                                The team look at the postcode lottery that determines the exchange rate for your holiday cash. Plus, mobile data roaming charges- are they legal?.....LINKY: BBC One - Watchdog, Series 31, Episode 7

Comment

Working...
                                X