GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer TV Series on television - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer TV Series on television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Consumer TV Series on television

Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 28th May2014

The team discover how some insurance companies are failing flood victims. - Episode 3- series33 LINK:
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Watchdog Series 33 Episode 5 of 7

BBC 1 @ 7.30pm 25th June 2914

The team investigate the diet pill that's more likely to lose you money than weight, the broadband service that's not up to speed, or providing good customer service, and the airline providers who charge more for babies than they do for adults.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!
        Series 1 - Episode 1 CH5 19th June 214

In the UK, people now owe over £4 billion more than they did a decade ago. With debt rising, collecting and repossessing assets has become a booming business. One of the first things to go is the car. Hundreds are repossessed every week, with more and more people getting that dreaded knock on the door. Cameras follow repossession experts Mike Allonby and Terry Jones as they travel the streets, looking for cars belonging to people with outstanding unpaid loans. Such vehicles are rarely parked at the debtor’s address. Theirs is an often fruitless and stressful business, since they are paid only for successful repossession. One job takes them to Liverpool to collect a Renault Clio from a tough estate, but what begins as a straightforward repossession soon escalates into a violent confrontation, criminal damage and a call to the police. Meanwhile, High Court Enforcement Officers Paul Bohill and Steve Pinner seek to recover bad debts from those who cannot, or will not, pay. Commonly known as Sheriffs, they are the officers that people turn to when all other avenues have failed. They have the power to seize cash, possessions and even your home if you have fallen behind with your payments.

Paul and Steve are regularly thrust into deeply traumatic and unsettling situations. A call from them usually has life-changing consequences, and as emotions usually run high they wear protective vests for every job. First on their job list is taxi-driver and army veteran Neil, whom they evict with two hours’ notice from his home of 19 years – for a debt of almost £30,000. They then go to Slough to evict a family of sitting tenants from their home, which they have occupied for two years. The series follows each case as it unfolds, from the moment the teams arrive, through the often highly charged first encounter with the debtor, to the moment the job is done, recording the thoughts and feelings on both sides, the process of repossession and the impact it has on all involved. The result is a visceral insight into one of the biggest issues in Credit Crunch Britain today.....Read more here

Comment

NEW SERIES:
          Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 16th October 2015

The team asks why you have so few rights to cancel your phone contract when you can't receive a signal. Plus, the major hire car company who aren't playing fair with their pricing and the product being abused by teenagers with eating disorders that is freely available to buy in our supermarkets.

Episode 1- series34 LINK

Comment

NEW SERIES:
            Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 23rd October 2015

Episode 2 of 8

Consumer series. The team investigates why terminally ill patients are being turned down on their life insurance policies, plus the prams collapsing with babies still in them
            LINK:

Last edited by 5corpio; 22 October 2014, 08:42. Reason: needed a link :)

Comment

NEW SERIES:
              Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 30th October 2015

Episode 3 of 8

The team investigate the major security weakness that leaves hundreds of thousands of popular cars, from around 30 different makes and models, vulnerable to theft. Is your vehicle safe?

LINK

Comment

NEW SERIES:
                Watchdog -

New series BBC1 @8.00pm LINK

Episode 4 of 8
                The team investigate the brand new small car with the big problem getting up hills, and the holiday home rental firm whose website is being used by fraudsters to scam customers out of thousands.

NEW SERIES:
                Watchdog -

New series BBC1 @8.00pm 13th Nov 2015 - LINK

Episode 5 of 8
                The team investigate the design fault that could cost white van owners thousands, the fiasco faced by many students trying to get student loans and customers wanting to wash their hands of their bathroom goods.

Comment

NEW SERIES:
                  Watchdog -

Already to view on BBC iPlayer
                  Episode 6 of 8

NEW SERIES:
                  Watchdog -

27th November 2014
                  Episode 7 of 8

Comment

NEW SERIES:
                    Watchdog -

LAST EPISODE

4th December 2014
                    Episode 8 of 8

Comment

NEW SERIES #35:

Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 4th June 2015

Episode 5 of 8

The team investigate the premium cars that'll cost you a fortune in oil, the mobile phone company that keeps losing people's numbers and the internet retailer's annual charge that customers don't know they've signed up to.

Previous Episodes:

Episode 4 of 8

The team reveal the secrets of the private parking industry, ask why some supermarkets still aren't going far enough to ensure your chickens are safe, and investigate the mobile phone company that has been losing your telephone number - CATCH UP LINK:

Episode 3 of 8
                      The team investigate one of Britain's biggest house builders after a number of owners complain that their dream homes have turned into nightmares. They also find out what the new pension rules really mean - CATCH UP LINK

Episode 2 of 8
                      Claudia Winkleman speaks for the first time about the tragic incident last year where her daughter's fancy-dress costume went up in flames, leaving her badly burnt. The team investigates what makes fires of this kind so devastating and calls for the rules on safety testing to be changed.

Episode 1 of 8
                      Celebrating 30 years of Watchdog, faces from the past and present share their favourite memories from three decades of fighting for consumer rights - CATCH UP LINK

Comment

NEW SERIES #35:

Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 18th June 2015

Episode 7 of 8

The team investigate the hacking scandal surrounding online cab company Uber and also discover how to avoid being scammed on your summer holidays.....LINK

Comment

NEW SERIES #35:

Watchdog - New series BBC1 @8.00pm 25th June 2015

Episode 8 of 8

The team investigate the hacking scandal surrounding online cab company Uber and also discover how to avoid being scammed on your summer holidays. LINK

Last in the Series!

Comment

Working...
                          X