GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Consumer Credit Act article - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer Credit Act article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Credit Act article

A well written article by Geraint Howells on the Consumer Credit Act

Well worth a read

http://agc-wopac.agc.gov.my/e-docs/J...0000018267.pdf

Re: Consumer Credit Act article

can't see it, asking me for login details?

Comment

can't get in without username & password. Another link perhaps.

Comment

by Geraint Howells on the Consumer Credit Act

GOOGLE and you get it.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

When I've googled I can only get links to books written by Geraint Howells (eg Amazon) or links to Lancaster University.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/#output=sea...ion+explosion"
            Last edited by Riz; 27 May 2013, 07:35.

Comment

Spent ages looking for this article, still can't find it.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...deA2a5I3tJNGMQ

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Just read it, goodish read, ALOT about PPI if im honest.

good read for newbies, but didnt feel it said anything we havent already discussed here over a period of time.

Comment

Thanks Rizzle
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Picked this up yesterday. The article which I had not read before is not totally accurate I'm afraid. It was clearly written at the heights of our warfare. It claims or implies that Judge Bedford had said the figures amounted to a total of 100,000. That is not strictly true because at that time he had asked for guidance from a higher Court as he had over 100,000 cases coming before him in Chester County Court. In fact one company now defunct Cartel Client Review had or claimed to have 110,000 cases alone on their books. This was a scam and the underpinning law firm or more correctly the principals of the law firm were also struck off. The implication from the article that the case load of 100,000 nationally is misleading, the figure is far higher. The net result of Bedford's request was Carey v HSBC (and the other LEAD note LEAD not TEST cases) and we all know where that went. Sadly with all these legal matters there is an element of deceit misrepresentation. Carey itself was a set-up. Emma Carey was and is a senior partner (Family Law) in the practice we were using at the time and highly unlikely to have had a real grievance with HSBC and it was being used/abused in humble opinion to get a "wrong" opinion from the Mercantile Court. Waksman clearly obliged their wishes.

regards
                        G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          Picked this up yesterday. The article which I had not read before is not totally accurate I'm afraid. It was clearly written at the heights of our warfare. It claims or implies that Judge Bedford had said the figures amounted to a total of 100,000. That is not strictly true because at that time he had asked for guidance from a higher Court as he had over 100,000 cases coming before him in Chester County Court. In fact one company now defunct Cartel Client Review had or claimed to have 110,000 cases alone on their books. This was a scam and the underpinning law firm or more correctly the principals of the law firm were also struck off. The implication from the article that the case load of 100,000 nationally is misleading, the figure is far higher. The net result of Bedford's request was Carey v HSBC (and the other LEAD note LEAD not TEST cases) and we all know where that went. Sadly with all these legal matters there is an element of deceit misrepresentation. Carey itself was a set-up. Emma Carey was and is a senior partner (Family Law) in the practice we were using at the time and highly unlikely to have had a real grievance with HSBC and it was being used/abused in humble opinion to get a "wrong" opinion from the Mercantile Court. Waksman clearly obliged their wishes.

regards
                          G

Interesting = how low can the so called legal system stoop?

Comment

Working...
                          X