Ccj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj

Hi folks wondered if anyone had heard of a ccj issued and person unaware as no claim was ever received this is a friend of mine who has only just seen it on her credit report as she was thinking of applying for a mortgage it was from 2014 she moved out of her parents in 2013 and her parents say nothing was received

Re: Ccj

she should post up the details herself and we'll have a look. Can't really give an opinion without all of the detail from the actual person but something could be done if it hasn't been obtained lawfully

Comment

Originally posted by rgally64 View Post
      Hi folks wondered if anyone had heard of a ccj issued and person unaware as no claim was ever received this is a friend of mine who has only just seen it on her credit report as she was thinking of applying for a mortgage it was from 2014 she moved out of her parents in 2013 and her parents say nothing was received
      Hardly a rare occurrence, just look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-families.html

More than 2,000 judgments are being signed off every day, without the cases being defended or heard by a judge in open court. The number of CCJs has risen by more than a third in just three years – almost 900,000 were issued last year, and 85 per cent were uncontested.
      She may be able to apply to have the CCJ set aside if she didn't receive the claim form, although the court will also expect her to have a valid defence to the claim, because the set aside does not kill the claim as such, just puts you back where you'd have been had you received the claim. The claimant can re-activate the claim after the default judgment is set aside. The process involves filling in an N244 application form and paying a £255 fee, unless the applicant qualifies for fee remission.

Without any details about the debt, it's not possible to comment further but yes, it does happen very often.

Comment

Thanks guys it just says county court money claims and a referenc number with no name of a specific company

Comment

You should tell your friend to check Trust Online. That records CCJ's - NOT the CRA's.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X