GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ofcom Broadband Interactive Map - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ofcom Broadband Interactive Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ofcom Broadband Interactive Map

Just released today is the broadband interactive map with data brought to you by Ofcom.

http://maps.ofcom.org.uk/broadband/

Re: Ofcom Broadband Interactive Map

Interesting to see.

Seems if you want the best Broadband speeds you need to move to Edinburgh lol

Comment

Yes and if you zoom in Portsmouth aint bad either with a mark of 2 considering all around is a 3

Comment

How to get free wi-fi access

Many people can log online via wi-fi for free.

With fewer mobile phone providers offering unlimited internet usage deals, exceeding your download limit by emailing, social networking and downloading music and pictures on your mobile can be costly.

WHAT IS WI-FI BROADBAND?

Techno experts reckon that one reason why so few of us make the most of our unlimited access, is because we confuse Wi-Fi broadband with wireless broadband. For instance, wireless broadband refers to the use of a wireless router within the home to allow you to connect wirelessly without a cable. On the other hand, Wi-Fi broadband access refers to broadband access available via wireless hot spots outside the home, for instance in a coffee shop or on a train. Wi-Fi broadband operates on the same principle as your wireless router at home.

Wi-Fi broadband on the move is often faster and more reliable than a 3G broadband connection picked up on your mobile phone or via a dongle. In addition, there are no problems with restricted data download limits, as is the case with 3G broadband.

HOW WILL THIS SAVE ME MONEY ON MY MOBILE PHONE BILL?

More mobile phone providers have started charging for data usage, so switching to a broadband connection at a Wi-Fi hot spot will mean that you do not exceed your data limit and can save you money on your monthly mobile phone bills....Read more on Alternative News Forum CLICK HERE
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X