GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script O2 Travel - BEWARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O2 Travel - BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 Travel - BEWARE

Has anyone else had a shock after returning from a holiday in Europe to find that they have paid £1.99 per day, even if they've only sent a single text or short call?

It seems that O2 travel now includes any text and call in addition to data.

I wasn't aware of this and it seems as though two out of three of my mobiles (mine and son) have been auto opted 'IN' but my husbands hasn't been included!

I am presently awaiting a reply to my complaint emailed to the CEO.

Watch this space!

Re: O2 Travel - BEWARE

Best of luck and keep us posted - we are both on O2 - but if used TUGO O2 APP - (which i got mrs 5corpio to download) - she can text or Call free over the Hotel WI-FI - this was from Croatia. also there is a O2 Travel app. £1.99 kicks in automatically if the person sends even one text or makes one call which gives the phone holder 120 mins worth of call or 50MB date usage valid for 24hrs, if you use again the next day then it automatically kicks in again £1.99.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: O2 Travel - BEWARE

Result!

Phone 1 (mine) was, as I suspected automatically dropped in to O2 travel in 2012

Phone 2 (Husband) O2 stopped automatically applying O2 travel to new accounts in 2014 therefore his wasn't affected.

Phone 3 (Son) I wasn't aware at the time of putting in my complaint that he'd opted in but he didn't realise the implications of the £1.99 daily charge

The changes to the O2 travel were implemented in April this year, hence my extortionate charges for a couple of short calls and a few texts but they have applied a refund for all the extra charges to my account. (£30) as they appreciate the worry that these charges have caused

They won't refund my sons, which I guess is fair enough but we have now both opted out of O2 travel!

I have also since found this article so I'm not alone!

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...travel-bolt-on

Comment

Working...
      X