GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE Store and their security checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE Store and their security checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE Store and their security checks

I dont even know why this shocked me, if i think about it, its not uncommon.

I have 2 phones on contract with Orange, 1 my mother uses, hers was due an upgrade so i went in to EE so she could check some phones out.

We wasnt planning on spending any cash, she wanted a free phone, and to lower her monthly payments.

Anyway as it turned out, the phone she wanted, was £70 on £15.50 a month for 2 years, or free and £26 a month for 2 years, so she decided to pay £70 as it would work out around a saving of £250.

(she hardly uses her mobile so free mins and texts wasnt an issue)

Anyway because we were paying they needed ID, even though id confirmed my account number.

I didnt have ID on me as i wasnt planning to buy anything, just a simply upgrade.

So the guy said, thats fine just need to ask you some security questions.

Well, he obviously did a credit search because the questions werent just, when was u born where do u live, they were more detailed than that.

"At your previous address, did you live at"
    a) Blobby St
    b) Somewhere Rd
    c) This place

"what number was it"
    a)25
    b)31
    c)20

Who is your HP agreement with
    a)BMW
    b)Someone else
    c)other co

How much do you pay each month
    a)120-150
    b)151-200
    c)201-250

As i said, i shouldnt have been suprised, but i always thought security questions didnt have to be so detailed as that!

Needless to say i passed and she got her phone lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X