GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Useless O2 sales and customer services, lots of hassle! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Useless O2 sales and customer services, lots of hassle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless O2 sales and customer services, lots of hassle!

Right I bought a Samsung G3 outright, not from O2 then later realised I need some form of contract where I can have unlimited calls, texts and a nice amount of internet data for so much a month.

I went on O2 and saw this sim only product and went through as if to buy it but wasn't sure if I could keep my number and left it. So a few days later this sales dude calls me up I tell him my objections and he has answers for everything and I end up going through with the contract for 12 months, asked him a ton of questions. Told him it was a Galaxy Samsung I have so it takes micro sim. This guys only gone and sent me an old phone style SIM, large one that doesnt fit in my phone.

I speak to another guy who has to send me a blank sim, I get it and try to transfer, telling them I want to keep and use my old number. I have tried swapping SIM like it says on the O2 website and like this other guy told me to.

So with having a busy life working I havent lots of time to waste on playing around with O2 trying to explain so,ething complicated to advisors that don't care and are clueless in the first place.

Just when I am on the call thinking I'm getting somewhere with someone in the know I run out of credit to these customer service guys and get cut off. No call back or anything. I got a contract off them so I'm paying 20 quid a month for something I cant use because O2 customer services are mostly useless.

Anyone got any tips on dealing with these guys, who and when to call, how to get refunded or something?

Mucho Appreciated
    There is more shadiness in the business world than in the criminal world.

Re: Useless O2 sales and customer services, lots of hassle!

Have you tried having a web chat with one of their advisers through the O2 website?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you don't get anywhere you could try emailing the CEO ronan.dunne@o2.com
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yea, just now and they transferred me to another team and told me I need another micro sim, must be my third now and closed the chat.

Comment

Have you time to go into one of the shops and get them to fix it??

talk in a loud voice and play the really unhappy customer, polite but icily assertive (my personal favourite ploy is to call them young man(or woman), they hate it and gives you the assertive lead

Comment

Is there an O2 shop near you somewhere? Much easier to sort things out that way....

Edit: You beat me to it Mrs. D.....
            Last edited by PriorityOne; 16 December 2012, 21:15.
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Might have to but the one in my town isn't there anymore so closest is in another town I can't get to because of work, I'll have to work something out.

Emailing the CEO my (this one) post on the O2 forums too.

Comment

Working...
              X