GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Multiple texts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple texts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple texts

So new phone yesterday, well newish. Anyway using it since last night some texts i'm receiving i'm getting the same message over and over, ie 'morning' i've had 7 times, they have sent another text since which i haven't received.

I'm thinking this is an issue with the phone and am gonna email who i bought it off. Unless anyone here has any ideas?

The phone is a samsung galaxy europa.

And as i speak another duplicate, ffs!!!!

Re: Multiple texts

They're not scam texts, the texts are from a friend! I've asked her if she's sending more than one and she said no!

I changed phone, it wasn't happening before yesterday.

Comment

Sounds more like a problem with the service provider to me.

Had a similar problem with an email address once where the emails were not being deleted off the server, so got sent again next time I loged on.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nope, rebooted phone and *seems* to be working fine.

Comment

Your NOT alone swanny the multi text problem has been a well known fault for a fair while with that handset

(something to do with the phone's firmware)

What network are you with?

Comment

Tesco

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
              Tesco
              every little helps..........
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

Hmm been a tesco/o2 problem for a while....

have you installed the samsung software on your PC? (Kies)

(available here if you dont have to hand)

then try this

• Once installed, run Kies 2.0 (latest version) and connect the handset. Select Kies on the phone when prompted

• The program will automatically pick up the old software version on the handset and option to upgrade, if there is one available. Click ‘Upgrade’ and follow the instructions to upload to your handset

• To check the software version on your handset, you can key in: *#1234#,

Comment

I've not got a USB cable to connect to the PC though...

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                      I've not got a USB cable to connect to the PC though...

Hmm be easier if you could get your hands on one...otherwise tesco will flash the phone with newer firmware but involves sending it away & waiting for its return

Comment

Well it is working fine atm but i'll get a usb cable anywho.

Thanks Phil!

Comment

hopefully fingers crossed it'll be ok BUT the USB will be handy if it starts to do the same again

Comment

Right found a usb cable on Amazon for a £1.00.

Comment

Just wait till it starts sending bad jokes aswell mate
                              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Working...
                              X