GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trusteer Rapport security software - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trusteer Rapport security software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusteer Rapport security software

Trusteer Rapport

My bank kept recommending i use this so i downloaded it. Big mistake, it's crashed Firefox twice & been painfully slow when it does work.

I removed Trusteer & Firefox is working normally again.

Avoid at all costs.

Re: Trusteer Rapport security software

Its been around for an age...always been a major PITA

Comment

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. I actually held off installing it for ages but was getting really fed up with being reminded about it every time I logged on to the bank.

My system has been going slow - I was blaming it on the old rubbish I have on start-up, but am now wondering if it is this Rapport thing.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How do you remove it ? as i have it too, only downloaded it 3weeks ago & yes my laptop is slow 2
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hit start -> control panel -> add remove programs -> trusteer -> delete

What utter utter bollocks. It's best never to install that malware ridden junk anywhere!! Just my very biased opinion of course
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lol. I answered a question as he was asking the question. Lol

That's funny.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Lol. I answered a question as he was asking the question. Lol

That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                What utter utter bollocks. It's best never to install that malware ridden junk anywhere!! Just my very biased opinion of course
                Hope you mean Trusteer and not my comments!

Didn't realise it was malware - wonder why the banks like it?

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  is something you put with a Chix Vindaloo and a Beer, to mop up the sauce - PITTA (bread)

Comment

the only thing i had downloaded from the Banks, was 'FREE' McFee internet security software (which has expired, and ain't going to pay £37 to renew for another year, cheaper elsewhere)

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Hope you mean Trusteer and not my comments!

Didn't realise it was malware - wonder why the banks like it?
                      I mean the program lol.

It's crap!

Comment

Anyone on win7 should use windows essentials as that's like wine is to cheese or niddy is to Stella etc etc

Winxp or earlier, stick with a normal antivirus such as norton internet security or kasperky - both are top dogs and leave you needing no other 3rd party programs...

Comment

Yup I have MS Security Essentials on this win 7 pc and must the start up is a wiz compared to before.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                            PITA = Pain in the Arse?

Getting good at working out these text abbreviations - I am an oldie, remember

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              PITA = Pain in the Arse?

Getting good at working out these text abbreviations - I am an oldie, remember
                              I'm sooooo Proud of you
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X