GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Firefox 24 beta - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 24 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 24 beta

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but have been using the latest firefox 23 and kept getting script errors so bad it was freezing the screen lot loading proberly just so unstable and nothing from there support files helped even running it in safe mode was the same so decided to run firefox 24 beta.

Suffice to say all back up to speed now with no errors yet.

Re: Firefox 24 beta

Thanks for the info PF. I'm running firefox but haven't a clue which version.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Click top left corner the orange box if you have it on your version, then help, then about firefox

Comment

Thanks PF. I'm on version 21 perhaps I'd better update to the 24 beta
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

link

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/

Although F21 is probably alright if you have had no issues with it, it was just the latest F23 release that was giving me issues and rather than rollback and be open to vulnerabilities and security risks of earlier versions I decided to go forward with the beta version.

Comment

I'm having issues viewing pdf's in 23...did you get that PF?

Comment

There was a bugfix update to version 23 (to 23.0.1) released a few days ago? I would check for updates and try that first before plumping for the beta.

(although the bugs fixed don't sound like your problem)

If you are going to run the beta, then it should be pretty stable, but bear in mind that while it might fix some bugs for you, you could get new ones that have yet to be ironed out of the betas.

Also check manually for updates every few days while running the beta, as it usually receives 6-10 major updates during it's 6 week run, and you want to make sure you always have the latest version.
              Last edited by Riz; 20 August 2013, 07:25.

Comment

Still running fine without errors FF24 is due for release on 17th September BTW
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20 August 2013, 21:51.

Comment

Yes Elsa it was totally unresponsive, freezed, start up took 5 mins and script errors every couple of minutes glad to get rid

Comment

I stay on the beta channel most of the time, and yes, they are mostly very very good, as beta in this sense for mozilla is to be honest a last bit of polish in most cases. A biggish bug is rare in the betas, but can happen, hence why I warned just in case.

Also, less common than it used to be, but if you use addons/extensions etc then some of these may not work or be updated to run on the beta.
                    Last edited by Riz; 21 August 2013, 06:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                      I stay on the beta channel most of the time, and yes, they are mostly very very good, as beta in this sense for mozilla is to be honest a last bit of polish in most cases. A biggish bug is rare in the betas, but can happen, hence why I warned just in case.

Also, less common than it used to be, but if you use addons/extensions etc then some of these may not work or be updated to run on the beta.
                      Had no issues their either Riz regarding extensions/plugins they all worked, still running fine just about to check if it has had any updates as not checked yet.

Comment

3.3MB of updates just installed

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          Had no issues their either Riz regarding extensions/plugins they all worked, still running fine just about to check if it has had any updates as not checked yet.
                          It's a lot easier than it used to be running the betas, as extensions on the mozilla site are automatically checked for compatibility I think? Used to depend more on the extension author testing and marking as compatible, and if they didn't the extension refused to run, even if it was actually OK with the new version. The new system makes that all smoother.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          3.3MB of updates just installed
                          Yep. You will get a series of updates from beta 1 to beta 2 to beta 3 etc etc until the final version is released, and each time it just downloads what has changed, rather than downloading a whole new version.

Comment

Yes it did an extention compatability check on first run after install, you are right firefox beta updates are a breeze just go to help, about FF.

Just been around my mates who has a new win 8 lartop and could not get on with the win8 screen so put a start button on their for him he is 67 and said technology is going to fast for him lol

Comment

Working...
                            X