GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trouble with Printer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Printer

Got the PC running better now the soddin printer playing up!!

Orange light flashing and need to clean head .. done that still bloody flashing..Out the window and up the garden comes to mind (off to tear hair out kick imaginary cat shove head in bucket ARRRRRGH)
    Last edited by IF; 17 August 2013, 12:01.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: nanna58 UE Diary

What make of printer is it Nanna

Comment

hi Vint its a Canon Pixma MP750

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again

Comment

Yep, still displaying wrong cartridge strange cos its been fine. Looked on online trouble shooting and it said clea head so have and prob still the same

Comment

Should i move over to techie stuff thread?

Comment

Might be an idea nanna

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Should i move over to techie stuff thread?
                Moved your posts re printer to here Nanna
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Re: Trouble with Printer

thank you If xx Been through manual done all and it seems head knackered. so new printer looming.

Comment

Do you have an error code at all on the little screen Nanna? Normally it will a 3 digit number with these machines.

regards
                    G

Comment

No sweetie there is only "wrong cartridge" xx

Comment

Found this nanna

Disconnect the printer from the computer and see if the Warning light still flashes.

If it does look at the Cartridge and make sure that the covering over the Electronic Chip built into the Cartridges is removed. If this isn't making the proper contact with the socket that the Cartridge is placed into the Printer will give this error message.

Comment

They also suggest changing the driver if that doesn't work

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/q...elp-me-please/

Comment

Can't quite remember Vint but Canon use "bubble jet technology" hence suggesting that the cartridge has new heads on it anyway. Epson use a piezo electric discharge. Could it be just the cartridge that is the problem?

I have looked at a number of these "techie" forums stateside but nothing seems to jump out as to the cause of this problem here.

regards
                            G

Comment

It's an odd one Garlock.

I purchased an HP 3 in one to replace my Epsom 220 photo. Absolute rubbish so still using the Epsom which works as good as gold

Comment

Working...
                              X