GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Decent Cheap Ink? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent Cheap Ink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Cheap Ink?

Hey guys.

Up until recently when I bought a new printer, HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium, I used to use refill cartridges instead of branded ink ones.

Needless to say, they have ended up ruining my old printers because the ink is so thin, 9 times outta 10 they leak over a long period of time, and well, you get a build up of black ink gunge and the printer becomes worthless.

My question is, does anyone know of decent refill ink?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Decent Cheap Ink?

Hi SXG,

We now have continuous inflow systems on our Epsons. We use:-
    http://www.proprint.co.uk

They are up in Galashiels but the service has been really good. We also do some Dye sublimation hot press printing and we get those inks as well from this guy. He does refillable cartridges for most machines and we have had little or no trouble with any of his stuff. An idea of his comparison costs is that we were paying a few years ago £54 per colour per cartridge for 6cc's of ink for the dye sub stuff making a refill over £200. We found Proprint and we paid the last time we restocked £18.99 for 150cc of each colour which is a remarkable difference. The normal inks either pigment or dye based yielded a similar difference. We do all our brochures price lists and business stuff in bulk on the cheapest Epsons we can find and we actually wear the mechanics out without any problem from the inks.

Worth a look?
    regards
    G

Comment

Thanks Garlok, ill def look into it.

Had thought about CIS in the past, but my old printer wasn't covered for it, I think this one may be. either way if you have had no issues then that's great, I shall take a look.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SXG,

With our usage it was probably one of the biggest money savers we have done in a long time overall. To get the CIS systems together we did have to do a bit of research on the net and get them from a couple places. the alsy one we bought was for an S21 Epson (really cheap thing but it works like a dog) from InkFlow in Crewe. www.InkFlow.co.uk

regards
        G

Comment

I agree with CIS BEST thing I ever did with my epson wi-fi printer...saved me a ton and very reliable!

Comment

Had a look at InkFlow, they dont list my printer, but other sites do. But if their ink is better i could go there for it.

Comment

We only bought the hardware part of the CIS from InkFlow and we asked for it to be empty. We now always use proprint in Galashiels for the inks themselves. Forgot to say that the ordinary inkjet ink from there gave us better results with our graphics and pictures on the literature than any of the genuine Epson inks we have used. On the Dye sub special stuff we have a shorter processing time in the hot press, the finished image is more UV resistant and by a bit of fiddling with the ICC profiles finally I got rid of the magenta cast which is so prevalent on Epsons and other bottom end printers.

Hope that helps and clarifies SXG.

regards
              G

Comment

unink-uk I found to be very reasonable and no problems with.

Comment

cheers guys. To be honest, its mainly used for printing documents, some color, some grey scale, so long as the ink looks ok, and isnt too thin, doesnt bung up the printer after a long period of mini leaks, im happy.

Comment

I've used Inkredible and always found them to be quick and efficient. They have additional reductions from time to time so I just stock up every few months!

Comment

Working...
                    X