GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Accounting Software - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accounting Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounting Software

Does anyone know of a free accounting software. What I am after is something with columns for expenditure type that will work out Vat etc so that month on month I can work out a basic P&L.

I guess I could create one myself in excel but as it will be going to an accountant eventually I want it to look pretty

Re: Accounting Software

Here are a couple of good ones, which are genuinely free -

Free Online Accounting Software in the UK | Quick File

Free Accounting Software | GnuCash

SH

Comment

Alot of accounting software may be too complex for your needs, such as bank rec's etc. its not needed for simple income against expenditure such as what you require.

If you check out Moneysoft Money Manager, its exactly what you require, its not free though, but i can show you how to keep it from expiring the free trial
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks.
        This is for a friend who is a sole trader. Currently there seem to be no controls in place, if i asked him how much his fuel costs were he wouldn't have a clue. Obviously he also needs to complete VAT returns.
        He then sends everything to an accountant who does his accounts and tax return. Again a cost i may be able to reduce.

I can not help him in other ways but this I can do.

I will look at all the options
        Thanks.

BTW I have reasonable numeracy skills.

Comment

Jon, i use Money Manager for client VAT. Other software can also do this for you, but id say the one i use will be the easiest to get your head around.

Check it out, it has a free trial.

All you need do is create a nominal class for each type of expenditure and income.

Create VAT classes i.e p = purchases @20% s = Sales @ 20%, x = exempt, 0 = zero rated.

Dont need to bother with setting up bank accounts etc.

Then you simply enter in to a ledger each item.

If you set the vat return settings then all you need do is click 1 button to pull up and file a vat return every quarter.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X