GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help MS Office wont work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help MS Office wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help MS Office wont work

hi all Ms office has decided not to work on my pc, has been working for past 2 years and now wont open any doc's, just get a warning saying 'try again, or fix it.'
    Microsoft site says enter product code, but when I do it says it's invalid
    using free file viewer for now but the editing on it is a nightmare,

anyone help!

ps please note I am NOT tecno savvy
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: help MS Office wont work

What version of office?

If you PM philnicandamy (mod) he might be able to help with a copy/code etc
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

office 2010 will PM Phil later just off to mums to make lunch, many thanks x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Im not at work right now, but if you dont get this resolved by Tuesday, ill send you over a ms 2010 validation tool so you can re validate it and get back up and running.

If all else fails you can install OpenOffice instead, its not too bad!

Comment

I would install Libre Office, it's free, and it will open Microsoft documents. Very easy to use.

Comment

thank you all. will get back to you as I have had some liquid refreshment( to calm the mind) after being at mums, so won't try any thing till I can see the screen clearly
            NWx

Comment

I had the same problem a few weeks ago after installing a few office updates so I rolled it back and has been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                I had the same problem a few weeks ago after installing a few office updates so I rolled it back and has been fine since.
                will only roll back to 20th problem must of started before then

Comment

If you have got the disk and product code, I would uninstall office, reboot computer and reinstall.
                  Or, uninstall and then download and install Libre office, just as good & free.

Comment

thanks Enforcer. but it came preloaded on the puter, microsoft say because of that I have to contact the manufacturer, because the product code I have is invalid,but I used it to register with them when I first got it I am sure it only started after one of the updates from microsoft. any how Acer have not got back to me, Roll back didn't help,

Comment

will see if phil can help if not will uninstall it and try one of the free ones thanks all

Comment

And your def sure it wasnt a trial licence? im not 100% sure but i was always under the impression Acer ship trial versions of Office?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          And your def sure it wasnt a trial licence? im not 100% sure but i was always under the impression Acer ship trial versions of Office?
                          well its worked since jan 2011 when I bought the computer

Comment

yes they shipped with trial versions, generally student/teacher 30 day things .. but you could use the full software suite _WITHOUT_ actually putting the code in. All you did was start word/excel/outlook etc exit the setup screen and voila you had a fully working copy of office. it does seem a recent update has put paid to that workaround .

Comment

Has this been sorted yet? if not let me know and ill give you a product key.

Comment

Working...
                              X