GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water bills 2013-14 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bills 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water bills 2013-14

My water bill this year (Welsh Water) Dwr Cymru

Water Charge @ £215.72
    Sewerage Charge @ £300.00

Total for year = £515.72

@ 10 months installments £51.87

3 bed house, one bathroom with shower, one toilet, and 4 of us live in the household.

I will have to complete a new form to see if eligible for any discounts, although can't see it though.

Re: Water bills 2013-14

In my old house (Wessex Water) I had a water meter fitted and was paying around £20 each month. I have recently moved (South Staffordshire Water) and they wanted to install a meter but can't. That said, my rates are only £260 all in for the year. It seems very cheap but I wont be complaining. Everyone I know pays over double - I am not sure if it is because they can't install the meter maybe?

Comment

£259.20 full total studio apartment

not bothering with water meter, as the shower on twice a day, dishes are twice a day and washing twice a week.........rather not pay as you use basically........its cheaper as i don't have to worry about how much i've used.....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        My water bill this year (Welsh Water) Dwr Cymru

Water Charge @ £215.72
        Sewerage Charge @ £300.00

Total for year = £515.72

@ 10 months installments £51.87

3 bed house, one bathroom with shower, one toilet, and 4 of us live in the household.

I will have to complete a new form to see if eligible for any discounts, although can't see it though.
        Yorkshire Water, 3 bed house, one person in household - charge for year £721.38

ABSOLUTE DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!

I've been trying to get a water meter fitted for months (previous house was newbuild, so I had no choice but to have one, and my bill was about a third of this).

Any grounds for complaint and a reduction for them taking so long to arrange the change to a meter?

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post

I've been trying to get a water meter fitted for months (previous house was newbuild, so I had no choice but to have one, and my bill was about a third of this).

Any grounds for complaint and a reduction for them taking so long to arrange the change to a meter?

MY oh MY!!!!! that is an huge amount!!!

Have you checked your water supplier website for any discounts if any (Especially for one person that is very costly)!!

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post

Complain to OFWAT?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The first house I brought the water was included in the rates. £16 per year, use as much as you like.

Still, it's better now that it in private hands. Isn't it?

After all, now you can flush a toilet, have a shower, water your garden and get water from a Tap.

Comment

Working...
              X