GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Central heating pump gone?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central heating pump gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central heating pump gone??

Not my week, since last Sunday, my son's car broke down, it's just been fixed, with a new water pump.

Then my dyson cylinder hoover motor went, its only 2 years old, but luckily covered for 5 years, the engineer inspected it but the new motor will not be back until 9th May!

Then my smoke detector alarms played up all day today!
    They have to be changed for new ones, have some temp ones in place.

And today my central heating not working!!
    Have to ring Swalec now, covered by them.
    Not getting hot water or any heat, thankfully have an electric shower and a gas fire, and if it gets cold again later, will share the oil radiator in each bedroom to take off the chill.

It's never ending hey?

Re: Central heating pump gone??

Engineer coming out between 5pm to 10pm tomorrow, a wait but there have been a lot of other major emergencies as well due to the bad weather.

Comment

bloody hell Di....well you should have had the lot now hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Not my week, since last Sunday, my son's car broke down, it's just been fixed, with a new water pump.

Then my dyson cylinder hoover motor went, its only 2 years old, but luckily covered for 5 years, the engineer inspected it but the new motor will not be back until 9th May!

Then my smoke detector alarms played up all day today!
        They have to be changed for new ones, have some temp ones in place.

And today my central heating not working!!
        Have to ring Swalec now, covered by them.
        Not getting hot water or any heat, thankfully have an electric shower and a gas fire, and if it gets cold again later, will share the oil radiator in each bedroom to take off the chill.

It's never ending hey?
        Have you checked the pressure gauge and is it below 1 bar? It could be a simple drop in pressure which happens and if you know how to adjust the filling loop it'll be fixed in a matter of seconds. But if you don't know what you're doing leave it to the engineer or you could blow the house up It may not be a costly pump.

Still the good news is you won't have to Hoover till May 9th. Enjoy being a Slummy Mummy like me
        Last edited by PlanB; 29 April 2012, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
          bloody hell Di....well you should have had the lot now hopefully!

lol I know, I certainly hope so hon lol x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Have you checked the pressure gauge and is it below 1 bar? It could be a simple drop in pressure which happens and if you know how to adjust the filling loop it'll be fixed in a matter of seconds. But if you don't know what you're doing leave it to the engineer or you could blow the house up It may not be a costly pump.

Still the good news is you won't have to Hoover till May 9th. Enjoy being a Slummy Mummy like me

Cheers hon

Not long ago we did have an engineer out from Swalec, and he did have suspicions with the pump then strangely enough, and did write it down on record just in case.
            Today when putting on the heating switch there was no life or sound in the pump at all, normally we get vibration from it, but there is absolutely nothing unfortunately.

However, the very strange thing is, that I run the hot water, and there is steaming hot water coming through?

I am jinxed. lol X

Comment

Another job done, it was that of the pump, all nice and warm again now!

GoldShield through Swalec and the Engineer that turned up was that in fact my friend's ex hubby lol, made it lots easier if you know them personally.

Comment

Working...
              X