GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mould Resistant Paint - Any good? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mould Resistant Paint - Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mould Resistant Paint - Any good?

Basically, ive got a black mould problem in my bay window. Due to condensation and no radiator placed under the window, it developed water over night, and over time has developed black mould.

Have to clean it everyday to remove it, but it will of course keep coming back.

Its a flat roof bay, so idealy when i have a bit of money id like the whole thing knocked out and replaced with a sloping roof, however until then i wondered whether something like Ronseal Mould Resistant Paint would do the job?

It says it protects from mould for up to 6 years, however im unsure whether it would protect a celling from pre existing issues?

Anyone with experience have any thoughts?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Mould Resistant Paint - Any good?

I've used this in the past ---> http://www.polycell.co.uk/products/p...uld_killer.jsp

Seems to work for a year or so.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, i think ill use that to remove the mould and clean it, then paint over with Ronseal Anti Mould Paint, hopefully give extra protection.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Thanks, i think ill use that to remove the mould and clean it, then paint over with Ronseal Anti Mould Paint, hopefully give extra protection.
        I used both the mould killer and anti-mould paint on a problem similar to yours and it's worked fine... but I also make sure the room is ventilated daily, even if it's only for a short while.
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Will do thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X