GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Booking flights for first holiday in 5 years!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booking flights for first holiday in 5 years!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking flights for first holiday in 5 years!!!!

So we have decided to go on holiday next year which will be our first with the kids for 5 years.

Have relatives in the Algarve so only flights required. Been having a look online at flights from Glasgow or Glasgow Prestwick. Easy jet haven't released flights for July yet so hoping they are up soon, but so far the cheapest I have found is with Ryanair from Prestwick at almost £1700 for the 5 of us and that's before I add luggage fees on!!! Jesus wept!!!!!!

Re: Booking flights for first holiday in 5 years!!!!

take 5 pull alongs ......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm thinking this is the first holiday in 5 years and it will also be the last for another 5 years!!!!

Comment

Gulp !!!
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

if you can hold off buying just yet and see what they are like after Crimbo, they start off at the dear end and then if few people are booking they do a job lot at a cheaper rate, it depends on school holiday dates, you may have to beg for an odd day for them off school
          whatever happens Enjoy xx

Comment

wait nearer the time

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              wait nearer the time
              I would wait as Techie said. I have had some fair deals by waiting in the past

Comment

Flights are incredibly expensive at the moment, I'd definitely wait until the new year when they start the sales.

The Algarve is beautiful, I've had quite a few holidays there in the past.

I guess you're looking at school holiday time too? It's about time something was done about the way prices are bumped up, although it seems that 'peak' is stretched more and more throughout the year!

Hope you manage to sort it.

Comment

Do you have to go from Glasgow? By changing the flights to and from different airports you may find better prices. Lisbon or Granada (there are others) are beautiful cities with transport links to the Algarve, if you don't want to hire car. Remember Ryanair and Easyjet fares are single fares

If you are going before the English schools break up, you can find cheaper flights from Manchester, Newcastle etc. My family has done the reverse.

Sometimes it works out cheaper to get a charter, e.g. book self catering, then spend some/all time with the family.

BA or TAP may have flights cheaper than Ryanair. The return fare is cheaper than 2 singles.

Comment

Good luck stressedoutmum. Like the others have said, I'd wait a while before booking but keep monitoring the flight prices. If going Ryanair I certainly wouldn't pay extra for luggage when you get 10kg hand luggage free. I've packed for a fortnight's holiday with less than 10kg.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sky scanner is a good tool to use. Search for your flight and destination it gives you a lot of pricing in and around your travel dates and you can set alerts for when prices change up or down. We watched flights for a few months and saved about £200

Mrs O X

Comment

just got a good fare for O.H.. and accepted straight away, she goes in 7 months time, the cheapest she or I ever got in the past, but in her case I case the flights daily for her or myself, in this case the price was actually in the area price range hope for, as I said never this low, so paid, downloaded straight away the ticket, got travel insurance Annual for her, sorted!

skyscanner not bad, www.momondo.co.uk good comparison site but luck of the day can be hoped .

Cxxxxxx travel can give the expected price range you may expect but a lot of comparison sites you will find the contributors are the same firm under different name, just look at the page down loaded and content, avoid those as usually back street boys!

Comment

Working...
                        X