GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Comprehensive Insurance.... !?! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comprehensive Insurance.... !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive Insurance.... !?!

Just a heads up for you all, I work in the motor trade and last year a young lady came to our place of work who had hit the kerb and damaged her wheel/suspension.

She had comprehensive insurance with the AA who refused to pay out as their small print excluded commuting to work.

Just something else for you to make sure about when it comes to renewal time.

Re: Comprehensive Insurance.... !?!

Citizens really must get into the habit of reading insurance terms and conditions and if they do not agree exercise there right to cancel without penalty during the cancellation period as insurance policies are radically changing before our eyes.

Comment

Use of vehicle for S,D&P with or without commuting to and from a regular place of work is a common enough term. Its been asked as long as I can remember.

Unless a new driver, I find it hard to have too much sympathy with them, but then I'm nasty!

Comment

I generally find I have to make it clear that I don't need to insure the car for commuting to work. In my case I walk out the door and I'm there. If I put my profession down as Gardener that boost the cost for it's assumed that I am travelling. If I put domestic service which is also correct it's worth @ £50 reduction.

Now I'm not knocking the fairer sex but a lot of the Lady Drivers I know are not that savvy when it comes to things like insurance.

I wonder if the Lady in question also realised what her policy excess was and what it would do to her no claims bonus. It must have been a hell of a wheel and suspension damage to make claiming worth while?

Regards, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Comprehensive is all risks so why they would exclude commuting to work boggles me as commuting to work is just that commuting to a place to work and not using your car for work.

Comment

She was in her early 20's.Damage was about £1,000 if I remember correctly.

I will say that no one in our workplace had ever heard of it and there was a mad scramble for the phones to check asap

Comment

Working...
            X