GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Have spent the last two days at son's house, child minding and baby sitting last night. Which means that I have been fed by daughter-in-law, including home made cake. I know I could say "no" but I have no willpower.

Just wondering what I will weigh tomorrow - and I know it serves me right.

Am house-sitting over there at the weekend (they are away for daughter-in-law's birthday) and then we have a family party on Monday. Not a good dieting time
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      1lb lost is better than 1lb gained.

Maybe cut back on the number of wines

Well done on the weight loss...have you got down to your target weight?

I don't have a smartphone so the app would be useless for me.
      i have another 2 stone to lose ideally, i don't use my phone i use myfitnesspal online i find it easier , you just register and log in everyday and add to your food diary , you log your exercise also , its the easiest weight loss plan i have ever done

my eldest son has lost 6 stone since last July, when he had his elbow injury he was unable to do pretty much anything because of the pain and he gained another 4 stone on top of what he weighed so after his wedding he decided to try myfitnesspal and the result was amazing he looks fantastic. My youngest has lot over a stone since April

Comment

Thanks S2M. I'm sticking with the Fast Metabolism Diet...it certainly seems to be working so far and I feel a lot better.
        Last edited by Pixie; 25 May 2013, 07:35. Reason: sp
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Did my weekly weigh-in today. Weight has stayed the same - not too distressed as I have been quite naughty (and will be over the coming weekend)

Although it would have been nice to be able to take something off the target list ....
          Last edited by Phoenix; 23 May 2013, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Did my weekly weigh-in today. Weight has stayed the same - not too distressed as I have been quite naughty (and will be over the coming weekend)

Although it would have been nice to be able to take something off the target list ....
            Perhaps if you spend a lot of the weekend outside shivering, might that lose a few pounds?!

No hurry Phoe, you are allowed to enjoy yourself. Slowly but surely is the mantra.

Comment

Thanks S2M. I'm sicking with the Fast Metabolism Diet...it certainly seems to be working so far and I feel a lot better.
              I have to eat certain foods i am intolerant to cows milk and other certain foods, so i stick to the foods which i know i am safe to eat with calorie logging on myfitnesspal , its the only way to do it for me . Glad your diet is working

Comment

At least you haven't gained any weight Phee...and you don't have a lot to lose anyway.

Comment

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, folks. Perhaps I will start in a couple of weeks time ....

Not sure about the outdoor bit, Fluffy. Barbecues are all very well but I think they need more warmth and sun. And booze, of course.

Comment

It's a gorgeous day here (at the moment hh) so no shivering at a barbecue.

I've lost another 3lbs this week

I'm going to really try to do more exercise this week as it's half term and I'll have the time.

Got my DD's Wii Fit to work...I daren't tell you what it said my Wii Fit age was

Comment

• Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Well done Pixie

This was my Wii Fit age

Only joking
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done, Pixie.

Have been really naughty over the weekend - with food and drink, at least. My daughter-in-law certainly makes a mean Pimms.

Have just remembered a diet that worked for me back in the seventies. It consisted of dried prunes and apricots, which were rehydrated in lemon juice mixed with water. And divided into six portions and eaten with a handful of walnuts - nothing else, apart from tea/coffee with no milk. Which is OK for me, as I always drink black coffee and herbal teas - don't like "normal" tea and certianly not milky drinks.

You eat this for two days a week, with a "normal" day between them. Trouble is, I can't remember the amounts involved. Think I may give it a go and guess the amounts. But, I will probably wait until my target date gets nearer ....

Comment

I like dried prunes, apricots and walnuts but I don't think I could eat nothing but them for two days...but if it works for you, then go for it.

Comment

I like dried prunes, apricots and walnuts but I don't think I could eat nothing but them for two days...but if it works for you, then go for it.
                            Well I do like eating weird stuff - think I could live on fruit, But it isn't two days on the trot (if you will forgive the somewhat appropriate analogy!) but alternate days. At least I think it is - I am doing this from memory.

Comment

i haven't lost any this week sometimes it happens that way, just keep doing the fitness plan we will all get there even if it's slowly
                              good luck everyone

Comment

The main thing is that we're not gaining

Comment

Working...
                                X