GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Simvastatins (40MG) side affects. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Me too.

I've been on 40mg simvastatin for 7 years and my levels are still higher than they should be. Mine has been deemed to be familial as my sister has the same problem.

I don't drink, don't smoke and regularly go to the gym. Love my food though........

On the whole I've had no side effects.

Good timing on this as I'm off to give another blood sample in the morning!

Well I suppose I have to have something to worry about as my UE journey is currently plain sailing

Comment

Hi there,

Just a quick note to say I have been on 40mg Simvastins for three years now and have never had any side effects.

Comment

It seems that medication can affect us in different ways, you either have side effects or not, but Simvastatins were killing my legs, and since they changed me on Pravastatins also at 40MG, up to now not noticed anything, fingers crossed

Comment

Yeah, there's so many different factors involved, not least genetics.
          Had to laugh today..one of the foods just I've put OH on is beetroot, which early research suggests helps block cholesterol as well as dilating blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
          Had a panicky phonecall from him at work this morning as his urine's turned red!
          It doesn't have this effect on everyone, again, genetics, diet, other meds etc can affect it. Harmless though.

I'll be starting on the thread shortly as have been sidetracked...my son is having an op tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            Yeah, there's so many different factors involved, not least genetics.
            Had to laugh today..one of the foods just I've put OH on is beetroot, which early research suggests helps block cholesterol as well as dilating blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
            Had a panicky phonecall from him at work this morning as his urine's turned red!
            It doesn't have this effect on everyone, again, genetics, diet, other meds etc can affect it. Harmless though.

I'll be starting on the thread shortly as have been sidetracked...
            Can't wait

my son is having an op tomorrow.
            Thinking of you both
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Red urine, remember that years ago eat near whole jar beetroot (a Bet), red for couple of days;

On Simvastatin, and do get tingling and warm flushes in legs/toes sometimes.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                never buy pre prepared or take outs...I too use low sodium salt..and plenty of smoothies for breakfast (that's my 5 portions of fruit)...

I know it's a while ago since you posted this msg and someone else may have said what I'm going to say.

Low Sodium Salt is not good for you, my wife has numerous medical problems.
                She suffers with among other things, Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestorol. Her diabetic nurse and dietician have both said that low sodium salt is worse than normal salt, just take it in moderation.
                I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Working...
                X