GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Simvastatins (40MG) side affects. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simvastatins (40MG) side affects.

Aww bless you Di, sending a big hug
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Yes, good move. Try some massage

Comment

I started with 80mg Atorvastatin but now take 40mg Simvastatins...i got really bad leg cramps so stopped taking them a while, now I'm back on for 2 weeks and all is ok thus far.

Thing about cholesterol is it's not all diet, the body produces it's own regardless and that is what the tablets are for..I have lists all over the place of things to eat to burn the cholesterol off...lol

Is it okay to put some gin in that tonic water do you reckon ?

Comment

Statins side effects warning when combined with other drugs: regulator - Telegraph

Comment

So sorry for not responding sooner, but I am not too sure on these things.

I would ask the pharmacist to be sure, as I do hear that some will drink alcohol when taking this medication, but it may also depend on if any other meds are taken with them.

I have though found the link to a little info.......
            http://drugs.emedtv.com/simvastatin/...d-alcohol.html

Comment

I drink with simvastatin and it does no harm, well no more than drinking does any way!!!!

Comment

I think they say alcohol in moderation.

I know if I dring too much, I am in for a night of cramps, but it's a choice yu make.

Comment

moderation they said to me, although at the time I could not afford to drink or now as the hours when I was working dropped dramatically.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My problem is my kidney functioning, so not sure if i can take the risk, so far I've been told not to drink any alcohol, mainly because of the kidneys but not the cholesterol (being on the tabs)..

Although I do not drink drink as such, but every new year I did enjoy one little bit of Baileys..........looks like I can't even have that one this year........DOH! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      My problem is my kidney functioning, so not sure if i can take the risk, so far I've been told not to drink any alcohol, mainly because of the kidneys but not the cholesterol (being on the tabs)..

Although I do not drink drink as such, but every new year I did enjoy one little bit of Baileys..........looks like I can't even have that one this year........DOH! lol.

We have to be so careful now!
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We all know we should be drinking at least a litre of water a day for our kidneys, but why is that so hard to do ? I find a full glass of water soon as I get up gets me off on the right foot.

As for Statins, their impact may be over-stated, as some suggest over a 30 year period it might give you 9 months extra...while you have 30 years of side effects.

Like most people, I hate taking tabs..I want my body to sort itself out, encouraged with a good diet and plenty of exercise...and of course not getting stressed....easy said though.

Comment

I tend to drink lots of water and Cranberry juice (not neat Cranberry), and the odd cuppa. I do not drink pop or fizzy drinks anymore as I believe that would not be good for the kidneys.

Mind you I do enjoy a mug of Aero-drinking chocolate as a night cap, then take up a glass of water.

Current Kidney funtion from November test - 50% gfr, so that would be classed as stage 3 out of 5 stages, scary, but the next follow up blood work is now in early Feb.

Comment

My diet usually contains steamed Veg, I do not use salt at all, but herbs as an alternative (I've not always done this though, only the past few months), this is to try to slow down the process of the kidney functioning decreasing.
                            Fruit, I love strawberries, pears, apples, I will not at all touch grapefruit, not that we can eat or drink the juice of it anyway on the statins, but I'm not a lover of it anyway.

So basically everything has to be low sodium...
                            Brown pasta, wholemeal bread etc.....Rice.
                            Lean meats, fish, chicken without the skin.

It's a matter of keeping the Blood pressure down as well as the cholesterol and not to put any further pressure on the kidneys.

The food above is mainly for the kidney functioning.
                            Cholesterol is not food related in my case, it is an hereditary factor, as well as high BP.

Comment

The steamer is a wonderful thing...I do potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and either tuna or salmon all in one session (typical Yorkshireman...) lol

Spices are good for you, so plenty of home made chicken or vegetable curries too...and I make my own bread.

never buy pre prepared or take outs...I too use low sodium salt..and plenty of smoothies for breakfast (that's my 5 portions of fruit)...

I do like chocolate though...............

We should have a cookery thread...

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                                The steamer is a wonderful thing...I do potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and either tuna or salmon all in one session (typical Yorkshireman...) lol

Spices are good for you, so plenty of home made chicken or vegetable curries too...and I make my own bread.

never buy pre prepared or take outs...I too use low sodium salt..and plenty of smoothies for breakfast (that's my 5 portions of fruit)...

I do like chocolate though...............

We should have a cookery thread...
                                Yummy, sounds nice and healthy!

Smoothies are yummy too.

I'm hopeless at making my own bread, but mum in law and sometimes my mum will do this for us, I must just have the patience to learn me thinks lol.

LOL, funny you said that, I think a cookery thread is a good idea, especially on healthy food, good one! Maybe you could start one x

Comment

Working...
                                X