GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FREE Ubuntu Stickers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE Ubuntu Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Ubuntu Stickers

Hi
    I would like to introduce myself.
    My name is Peter Maddison, I am fairly new to Ubuntu, I first started with Ubuntu 11.10 when a Schoolfirend, who'd moved to USA got me interested in Ubuntu after I was explaining how much I hated the new Window$7 (I was an XP user). I tried it first on the DVD and was instantly hooked.
    I have since removed Window$ from my system and it is now a single boot system with Ubuntu 12.04LTS.
    I am so happy with it my new OS, I would like to give something back so I am giving some of my time to promote Ubuntu so, after finding out that System76 are giving away FREE stickers, I decided I would be their UK outlet. So... please contact me to find out hot to get your free stickers.

Thanks for your time.
    Pete (pooky2483)
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: FREE Ubuntu Stickers

That's enough posts now mate
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So you are doing this?

System76 - Free Stickers
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
        So you are doing this?

System76 - Free Stickers
        Yes.
        As their last supplier in Coventry was not sending any out. I saw on Google+ System76's site that there were LOADS of unhappy people that asked for them months ago (like me, I asked back in Oct last year) and they were still waiting.
        So I asked them direct and they asked if I knew of anyone who'd like to do it and I said I would and so, here I am...

Would you like some?
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          That's enough posts now mate
          LOL... I know, I was only going to do those and that’s it, no more I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
            Would you like some?
            Thanks, but no. Never really seen the point of them to be honest.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, but no. Never really seen the point of them to be honest.
              So... Have you peeled off the 'Window$' stickers on your tower? and maybe scratched off the (Annoying for Linux users) 'Window$ Logo' on the annoyingly named 'Window$ Key' ?

It's Corporations like MS that force things like that upon users and try to hide the fact that we DO have a choice in what OS we want to install on a new PC.

I NEVER buy a factory made PC simply because they force you to use Window$ and the spec of the PC is nowhere near what I'd want in a PC anyways.

It's a sneaky way of imposing a 'Computer TAX' just to 'Buy' a 'licence' that you DO NOT ACTUALLY OWN.

<rant over> LOL

Comment

So... Have you peeled off the 'Window$' stickers on your tower?
                Yes.

and maybe scratched off the (Annoying for Linux users) 'Window$ Logo' on the annoyingly named 'Window$ Key' ?
                No.

I agree with your rant mostly. Just don't particularly want to put stickers back on.

Comment

Besides, if I switched from ubuntu to another distro (quite possible), I would have to get the damn things off again.

Comment

Besides, if I switched from ubuntu to another distro (quite possible), I would have to get the damn things off again.
                    Well, you could get another PC and install another Distro on it lol... It would look like NASA

Comment

I'm going to on one of my older laptops.

Comment

I have now got them so if anybody wants some, just email me and I will let you know where to send an SAE.

Comment

We have no problems with anyone applying for the free stickers you are offering but applicants should please read the following post. Thank you

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=863
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Just keep a check on this site System76 - Free Stickers

You will see my details come up soon, they *should* be ready fro this Friday

Comment

Working...
                            X