GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not sure it fits here but its a starter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure it fits here but its a starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure it fits here but its a starter

I know this part of the forum is not as used as it can be but not quite sure where to put things. In time, I will be putting together another guide, for want of a better word, more specifically about child protection issues. Currently my sister has got a case going through the family court so there is not much more that I am legally allowed to say about the case than that. I have discussed this briefly with Di30 via PM simply because the timescale to do this may mean that I won't finish it until the end of the summer and, as most people know, I like to have things fairly detailed. With this issue, of course, the difficulty is the wide scope of things that can come up. Just to clarify where my line will be is the recent case highlighted in the Daily Mail
    The 'experts' who break up families: The terrifying story of the prospective MP branded an unfit mother by experts who'd never met her - a nightmare shared by many other families | Mail Online

Some basic stats for now which I have found: Over half of cases of children on Child Protection plans are under the category of neglect.

The topic is a minefield and the one good piece of equipment required when any social worker comes into your house is a good qualify dictaphone cos one thing you can be sure of is that your views will be misrepresented on paper.
    Not much more I can add for now apart from the fact that I have had an outline of what i want to do for some months and bits of it have already been written but most of it still needs to be written.

Re: Not sure it fits here but its a starter

This is indeed a minefield....

I work with kids and a lot of them are very neglected. Despite making CP referrals though, nothing seems to be done apart from shuffling forms from one place to another and nodding a lot at meetings.

Sad...
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Not sure it fits here but its a starter

100% agree with you, i have read some cases that really shock me, social services a lot of times do more harm than good, and innocent parents seem to get no where.

Im reminded of the Hollie Greg case also, which if you research, goes very deep in to the scottish legal system.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X