GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A Mortified Wee Gerry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Mortified Wee Gerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mortified Wee Gerry

Gerry puts her foot in it once again……

Was in the checkout queue, there was a wee man looking at special offers on bedding, he asked me if it was sheets in the packet I told him it was pillowcases the sheets were in the packets on the bottom shelf He asked me what colour he should get he had white in his hand, I said get the blue ones the white will get dirty easily. (he looked as though he needed a good wash) I told him he would need to buy 2 packets one sheets and the other pillowcases. He asked how much it would cost all in when I told him he put the packets down and walked away. Judging by his dirty clothes, I thought he was a homeless person and probably couldn’t afford them.

I felt really sorry for him and it was the season of good will a few days before xmas. So I headed back in to shop to give him a couple of pound towards his sheets, I met him coming out and went to give him the money making a joke “here’s some money for your sheets a present from your Secret Santa”

The guy pulled out a bundle of notes from his pocket look he said I’ve got money here (it was at least £500), he had just finished working on a building site so that’s why he was so dirty and scruffy looking. I had just insinuating that the guy looked like a tramp. I was so embarrassed... I couldn’t apologise enough, what a horrible way to insult someone.

He laughed and said it was probably the nicest thing anyone had ever done for him. I was absolutely affronted I couldn’t get back to my car quick enough.

“never judge a book by its cover”

Re: A Mortified Wee Gerry

I remember you telling me this Gerry, this cracked me up and I still have visions of your day here pmsl

Comment

ouchie!

Comment

Ever more embarrassing - load of kids sat outside by a park, one took his hat off (obviously) and placed it on his lap whilst he scratched his napper (or whatever) - I walk past thinking he was a scroat, and popped £2 coin in his hat - cheeky sod tried to square up to me and took offence!

I'd just given him £2 after all - I didn't know he was a student did I...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ever more embarrassing - load of kids sat outside by a park, one took his hat off (obviously) and placed it on his lap whilst he scratched his napper (or whatever) - I walk past thinking he was a scroat, and popped £2 coin in his hat - cheeky sod tried to square up to me and took offence!

I'd just given him £2 after all - I didn't know he was a student did I...
          Tut Tut the youngsters of today they're never happy..

Gerry x
          Last edited by Gerry; 10 February 2011, 13:56.

Comment

You can say that again Gerry

Comment

Working...
            X