GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New neighbours from Hell! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New neighbours from Hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oscar
    replied
    Re: New neighbours from Hell!

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Remember the law on insurance has changed and regards SORN, if you are the registered keeper of a vehicle it now has to be insured whether it is SORN or not and also whether it is on private land or not.

In short if you are a registered keeper it has to be insured also.
    I thought hte ruling (last summer I believe) was that a registered vehicle had be EITHER insured or declared SORN - not both if applicable.

EDIT - Found the info HERE
    Last edited by oscar; 15 April 2012, 10:55.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

And the DVLA holds records of all vehicle insurance details on its database (otherwise they won't tax them) which means that a call to them is definitely not a waste of time

I think this situation requires indirect action not direct action. Grass 'em up to all and sundry and then keep your head down. You don't want a brick through your window or a steaming turd through your letter box (the weapon of choice with ASBO holders)

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I know a guy who could assist....

His names Eddie - Edward Woodward and he's the Equaliser

But seriously; the bacon will be a waste of time. They seem to stick with the scroats of society so if you know a gang of bikers - that's what I'd do.

Feckin scum
    I have to agree with you there Niddy.

I wish I'd dealt with my neighbour from hell problem differently as my financial problems started with having to move away and give up the degree I was studying at the time.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Remember the law on insurance has changed and regards SORN, if you are the registered keeper of a vehicle it now has to be insured whether it is SORN or not and also whether it is on private land or not.

In short if you are a registered keeper it has to be insured also.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 15 April 2012, 10:28.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Maybe some of these neighbours already have ASBOs if their lifestyle is anything to go by. Although an ASBO is handed down by either a Magistrates Court or a Crown Court they do not give the recipient a criminal record because it is a civil matter. However it is a criminal offence to breach an ASBO and the police rely heavily on members of the public to be their eyes and ears - so I'd let them know so they cross check their existing records.

I believe that ASBO information is not protected under the DPA since it's a court order (Crime & Disorder Act 1998 usually) so in the public domain. In my neighbourhood the police often distribute door-to-door leaflets including the photos of the perpetrators to warn us of dodgy neighbours and to keep them on their toes. I think that's crossing the line on privacy a bit, but the police have their reasons
    Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 11:06. Reason: spelling & wrong date for the Act

Leave a comment:

• philnicandamy
    replied

Hmm I agree from past experience police we're totally useless.....in the end it took a gunshot to our front door to make the housing association we were with move us....

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I know a guy who could assist....

His names Eddie - Edward Woodward and he's the Equaliser

But seriously; the bacon will be a waste of time. They seem to stick with the scroats of society so if you know a gang of bikers - that's what I'd do.

Feckin scum

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

In my experience, reporting problem neighbours to the council is a complete waste of time. Having said that, my problems were 15 years ago (pre ASBOs) and the other neighbours (apart from one) were little old ladies living on their own who were terrified of the neighbours from hell and wouldn't get involved officially.

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    ^^^^ the DVLA are quite helpful at doing that if the cars aren't taxed up to date. Have a peep at the windscreen next time your passing
    Not sure how sorn would work here, but if it is in anyway private land - like some housing association estates are, they would need permission off the land owner, otherwise it could be deemed as trespass - at least that used to be the case

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

I'll give it a while and then dob them in for DWP fraud (an assumption) and HB fraud (another assumption). They might just get so pissed off that they move anyway... unless the police tow all their cars away in the meantime.... lol
    ^^^^ the DVLA are quite helpful at doing that if the cars aren't taxed up to date. Have a peep at the windscreen next time your passing

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Thanks PlanB.... posted my comment before reading your post.....I will do those things.

Still sad about my cat at times.... poor love. I did keep one of her kittens though. She had a big litter at the time (7) and after re-homing so many, I just couldn't do it anymore and kept the last one. He was the runt of the litter and my daughter helped to deliver him because Mum cat was so tired.

Yes, she did have a lovely llife with us and I do draw some comfort from that..... :-)
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 14 April 2012, 22:19.

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

I'm not sure my neighbours would go with the CCTV thing.... and it couldn't be on my house as I'm not facing them....

The Crimestoppers report is a start.... but I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open to anything else that goes on in case I need to make another one. The neighbour opposite them is the nosey parker of the neighbourhood, so this should all keep her busy for a while. She will know exactly what's going on.... and the times, dates, etc.... lol.

I can't say that noise is an issue for me.... it's the driving .... and the unsavoury looking visitors that they have . I haven't personally caught any kids running across my front garden and as mine is concrete anyway, it's not a worry..... but they are a scruffy, gobby lot and don't fit in.

I'll give it a while and then dob them in for DWP fraud (an assumption) and HB fraud (another assumption). They might just get so pissed off that they move anyway... unless the police tow all their cars away in the meantime.... lol

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Time to get some ASBOs handed out! Report this conduct to your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. They will probably ask you to log the behaviour so start a diary. Let them take it from there.

If you're feeling like revenge (and I would be if it had been my beloved pussy cat) then call the local Housing Benefit office (anonymously if you like) and tell them that you think there may be some irrgularities with benefit claims on the property because it sounds a bit 'over-peopled' from what you say. The council are usually trigger happy to step in at times like this. Your mission is to get these folk to move on. If their benefits are stopped then they'll go.

I would also check out the owner of the property on Land Registry and make a complaint (anonymous if you like) to them about the tenants' behaviour. I also wonder whether the owner has told HMRC that he/she rents out the poperty for tax purposes

I'm so sorry about the death of your cat because you rescued her, but get some comfort knowing that you gave her a wonderful life however short which she would not have had if it hadn't been for your compassion. There's another cat waiting for you to rescue it right now
    Last edited by PlanB; 14 April 2012, 22:05.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

CCTV, Privacy and The Law - Problem Neighbours

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

But you wouldn't have to point it at their house in particular, Jen. Many a CCTV camera has been used in evidence; just have one set up which happens to cover THAT part of the road .....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X