GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New neighbours from Hell! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New neighbours from Hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrsD
    replied
    Re: New neighbours from Hell!

now if they could just be proved to have stolen some money..................that would be different

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

**Update**

One of my neighbours popped round last week and told me that an argument broke out between himself and one of the skanks.... after they realised that a report had been lodged at the estate agent that leased them the property. They thought it was him who had dobbed them in... and then they thought it was an elderly lady opposite, so went across to have a pop at her as well.

Anyway, they called my neighbour a fat, balding c*nt and threatened to bash him with a baseball bat and the police were called. Needless to say, the elderly lady is terrified and now wants to sell up.

So.... I have just lodged a complaint of my own to the estate agent; to let them know of this recent behaviour among other things. The police are aware of the drug activities but as I have also now found out that the skanks are well known for drug-dealing anyway, it looks like the police might be as useful as a chocolate fireguard....

Nevertheless, they have now taken all vehicle number plates, commented themselves on the smell of cannabis..... and that's as much as I know for now other than that the skanks are (apparently) only on a 6-month lease anyway.

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
    I need to say this

"I think we're going to need a bigger soapbox"

sorry couldn't help myself

and I do agree, its the parents every single time, I'm a council house kid too, in the distant past no one would have put up with that kind of behaviour P1 and my parents would have died of shame if any of us stepped out of line on the street in front of the neighbours!!!!!
    Completely agree.... my parents were the same.... and I've been the same with my own daughter.

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

I need to say this

"I think we're going to need a bigger soapbox"

sorry couldn't help myself

and I do agree, its the parents every single time, I'm a council house kid too, in the distant past no one would have put up with that kind of behaviour P1 and my parents would have died of shame if any of us stepped out of line on the street in front of the neighbours!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Speaking of drugs.... my daughter's boyfriend has just come back and said that it stinks of cannabis outside. Those neighbours were outside at the time and someone was getting into a car with a kid. He thinks they are dealing in there; hence all the odd-looking visitors who just park up and wait.

I've already contacted Crimestoppers once about the dangerous driving but this is looking far more sinister now....

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I agree that there are those who have no interest in getting a job and seem to have enough money to smoke like a chimney and spend all day in the pub.

I think I'm just a teeny bit touchy today - snapped at my neighbour earlier
    Don't worry your neighbour probably deserved it

I know I'm an old fuddy duddy but I'm pointing the finger of blame at drugs for most social ills not necessarily lack of money/jobs. There are plenty of anti-social stinking rich upperclass twats ignoring their children (that's the nanny's job) who down enough "recreational" drugs on the weekend to keep the whole Brazilian economy afloat. The difference is they're Trustafarians who have an allowance to pay for them so no need to steal or mug. These kids don't go on to get proper jobs either. At best they join Daddy's hedge fund or bank where morals don't count

As Pixie says it's down to leading by example and from what I see she's done a damn good job of that with her lot

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I'm sorry Niddy, but as someone who is currently claiming the dole (I'm trying my damnedest to get a job), I really object to your inference here.

I also blame the parents for not setting boundaries or leading by example.

For a while, after I got divorced, I was a single mother on Income Support bringing up 4 children. None has ever been in trouble, all 4 are working full time, 2 have degrees (even if one of those with a degree is working at a minimum wage job), the two daughters with children were in their late 20s and married when they had them.
    Pix.... I was on Income Support as a lone parent as well.... but some people choose not to move forward from this and keep popping out children in order to stay in the system; expecting schools to bring them up (so to speak).

I see this soooo much as part of my job and it winds me up no end, especially when their older kids stink, don't get fed properly and/or have their clothes ironed. Poverty? I don't think so.... ADHD (for example) will remain a cash cow for DLA until such times as the Government cottons on to it.... and that's without the Carer premiums that parents get on top of their Income Support for "looking after" them.

Leave a comment:

• confused76
    replied

3 cans for breakfast the mind boggles....

Leave a comment:

• confused76
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    At least when you go into a Chinese restaurant in the US you can ask for your dish to be MSG free. You can't do that here and Chinese take-aways are the number one culprit for that poison

That's one of the reasons wny I'm such a big fan of Jamie Oliver and his school dinners campaign because he proved that some foods cause kids to be more disruptive in class.

Hope there's room for me too on your soapbox Confused76
    I know, i can't have a chinese takeaway in this country!!

It's a big soapbox, jump up although sorry for taking it off topic P1

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

The latest craze amongst teenagers is to knock back cans of energy drink, which is riddled with caffeine. Makes life Hell for teachers....

One of my students came in bouncing around and grinning wildly one afternoon. "You've had energy drink, haven't you?" I asked. She laughed hysterically and I told her to get out. Another student has 3 cans for breakfast. Dad gives her the money.... what a twat!

I (try to) teach the children of the underclass by the way.... and it's like pulling teeth. In reality, few will amount to much because they're caught up in a social bracket from which there is no parental support and no escape... unless they get pregnant and funded by the taxpayer, of course.... and then the whole cycle starts again.
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 15 April 2012, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

At least when you go into a Chinese restaurant in the US you can ask for your dish to be MSG free. You can't do that here and Chinese take-aways are the number one culprit for that poison

That's one of the reasons wny I'm such a big fan of Jamie Oliver and his school dinners campaign because he proved that some foods cause kids to be more disruptive in class.

Hope there's room for me too on your soapbox Confused76
    Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 17:06.

Leave a comment:

• confused76
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    The link between additives in food and behaviour patterns is well documented. Tartrazine, which is otherwise known as E102, is banned in the US. It's most commonly used as a yellow food dye in the UK. I ate a bag (well a whole sackful to be truthful) of Cadburys Mini Eggs over Easter and came out in a rash. I checked the ingredients online and there was the lethal E102
    evil stuff

MSG is banned in other countries (US i think?) but it's loaded into some of our food, evil evil stuff. Lazy cooking as well, shouldn't need flavour enhancers in the first place

oops sorry.....get off the soap box

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

The link between additives in food and behaviour patterns is well documented. Tartrazine, which is otherwise known as E102, is banned in the US. It's most commonly used as a yellow food dye in the UK. I ate a bag (well a whole sackful to be truthful) of Cadburys Mini Eggs over Easter and came out in a rash. I checked the ingredients online and there was the lethal E102
    Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 16:54.

Leave a comment:

• confused76
    replied

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
    It's the middle-class do-gooders who have perpetuated this type of individual unfortunately.... and it still goes on.

Sh*tloads of kids now have a multitude of social disorders which in many cases, allows some parent to absolve themselves of all responsibility because they have been "diagnosed" with it/them. A friend who I work with gives her prescribed medication for ADHD and ODD. When I got to know her better, i pointed out to her that these were not medical disorders. She insisted that they were.... but when the penny finally dropped, she took him off his medication and found that he was no different. Being on it just made him more teachable at school. I asked when his behaviour started and she said it was after his Dad left.

Anyone heard of ODD? Oppositional Defiant Disorder.... for Christ's sake!! In other words, not liking being told what to do.... "Disorders" like these have boomed over the past 25 years or so because do-gooders without a clue about real life decided that youngsters like this were under-privileged.... It also has a lot to do with parents being able to get Disability Living Allowance (like my friend does) if their behaviour is considered as needing attention from another person (care) for a considerable time, several times a day.

Now we have generations of people like this.... the "I want" type of person, who doesn't want to work, has no socal skills, can behave how they like, get financially rewarded for it..... and at the same time, has bought into the celebrity culture that's rammed down everyone's neck on a daily basis.

Welcome to British society; aka the Jeremy Kyle culture..... and governements think that spreading them around the country will solve the problem? Not in their back yard I bet.

I should write a book!
    Personally i also believe some of the behaviour problems come from the junk some people eat! When we were kids one of my brothers couldn't eat anything with additives in because he would then literally swing from the light fittings, it was scary to watch. He couldn't have anything with additives in, we even had special bread from the bakery. If he had been a child 20 years later i have no doubt in my mind he would have been diagnosed with ADHD.

I can't eat stuff with certain additives in because some ingredients give me migraines so i'm always checking food labels and it's shocking some of the lists of ingredients in what you would think is an additive free thing.

It's a massive shame so much food on the shelves is stuffed with nasty UNNECESSARY additives and i really do believe it affects children's behaviour
    Last edited by confused76; 15 April 2012, 16:44.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

Anyone heard of ODD? Oppositional Defiant Disorder.... for Christ's sake!! In other words, not liking being told what to do.... "Disorders" like these have boomed over the past 25 years or so because do-gooders without a clue about real life decided that youngsters like this were under-privileged.... It also has a lot to do with parents being able to get Disability Living Allowance (like my friend does) if their behaviour is considered as needing attention from another person (care) for a considerable time, several times a day.

I should write a book!
    ^^^^ ODD. I think I may have got that Every time Niddy gives me a telling off I crumple

Put me down for a first edition of your book - it going to be a brilliant read
    Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 16:39. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X